Tuesday, April 17, 2012

a fresh start.

So last week was pretty....awful. Just nothing went right, school was boring, rehearsal was a waste of time, the piano didn't sound right, Pandora didn't play anything good, and my relationships were confusing me beyond belief. It was just, not good. By Friday, I knew that it was not just one thing, it was everything that was messed up. All I wanted was the new week to start.


Thankfully, Saturday got off to a great start and I got a lot accomplished sewing-wise. But I was right. It *was* just that week in general. 'Cause without anything major happening, this week has been 110% better :)

At the moment, I'm sitting outside on our big country front porch, with my Broadway Pandora station playing, a glass of water to my right and Spanish homework (oh joy!) on my left. Last week, I might've been majorly bothered by the fact that our shampoo has been out for 36 hours (which is why my hair is braided *cough* *blush* *rolls eyes* that was probably more info than you needed :P), but today I don't mind. At all.
via pinterest

Tuesdays are the days I work in the preschool our church runs in the basement of our building. Out of the thirty or so children, only five or so actually go to our church, so it's not really our "church preschool" but more of a church-run preschool. It's great fun. Lots of fun stories, since our age range is two to five. :) Today my little guy friend J. picked a whole handful of dandelions and buttercups for me, which I carried in a styrofoam cup all the way to school and back :) I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm just going to wait for that little fella to grow up - it'll make life less complicated :P *deep sigh* Oh, dear readers, you have no idea how light I feel today...after the weight and burden and heaviness of last week.

My Broadway station is awesome, btw. Just sayin'. Since starting this post, I've heard "Benjamin Calypso" [Joseph], "Tomorrow" [Annie],  "The Wizard and I" [Wicked], "Part of Your World" [Little Mermaid - yes that is a B. show!], "Sadder But Wiser Girl for Me" [Music Man], and now "Hello, Dolly!" [Hello Dolly]. *another happy sigh*

I have a few movie reviews in the making for you all, plus some other (hopefully) fun posts. With only five weeks (not counting this week) left of school, I'm starting to feel the light feet of summer inspiration coming upon me. Wait. Did I just say FIVE WEEKS of school left????? *joyful swoon*

"Must I now begin to doubt? Who never doubted all these years?" *ahhhh!!!* Now I can't decide whether I would want to be Eponine or Javert or Enjolras if I were ever to be in Les Mis :P Javert has such a tragically epic part...same as Enjolras....same as Eponine. "There is no where I can turn! There is no way to go oooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!" *da da dum dum dum-dum* Oh, gracious. Now it's playing Music of the Night. Told you all it was a good day! Gollleee.

Okay, so off I go. Time to get some work done and enjoy the weather some more. And count off some more hours until May 25th. :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

a very happy Jo-dear.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a good week so far. :) I think my weeks are switched, though. Last week was great. This week is just depressing.
    Whatever. :) I'll make it through. Just can't wait for school to be over...(please let summer come fast, please let summer come fast...)

    ~Vivi~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,

    First off, I want to tell you that I love your blog. Your eclectic ramblings are so interesting!

    I love that you are listening to Part of Your World from the Little Mermaid. It is my absolute favorite Disney. When I hear it, it gives me goosebumps!

    Glad to hear your week is going well.

    Blessings-
    Raelyn Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You make me laugh, Jo! :D Argh. Shampoo being out is a trial indeed. I have to wash my hair every day. *grumble grumble gripe* :D Aren't little kids the best? Your little J. sounds like a charmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're having a better week! I prayed for you when I saw your Gmail chat status on . . . Friday, was it? I forget. ;) Anyway . . . As a matter of fact, I was having a rather tough time of it today — dance was pretty strenuous, and I didn't finish all the schoolwork I wanted to complete :P — but seeing this post made me see the brighter side of things and in general, just feel happy all over. So thank you for that; whoever said happiness is contagious was a genius. :D

    Love ya!
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're having a good week, Jo dear. :) Isn't it so much more beautiful when you have a rotton week to contrast it to?

    I have firmly decided that as soon as I hit U.S. soil I'm going to create a Pandora station. It sounds fantastic BUT it's not available in Germany. *frustrated sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Mom has Pandora on her phone, but we've never listened to it. I have weeks like that sometimes. I wish I didn't though. Yesterday I couldn't play anything on the piano. Those are just about the worst days you can have. : (
    I would play Javert, but if I was a girl (like you are) then I would play Eponine. Although she's a little odd to say the least.

    -J.A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true, levity is so much lighter when compared with heaviness. I'm getting over a few weeks of heaviness - certainly not all bad, but heavy nonetheless. Sunday started this week off with a reminder that nothing can separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord, and I have felt so much better ever since.
    As I've said before, thank God for contrast.

    Joy to you!

    The Fourteenth-Assistant Kitchen Maid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weeks like that are...no fun :( But hey, that's the teen years for you in a nutshell, eh? One mountain top week followed by a valley week followed by another mountain...it's a wonder we don't all have motion sickness :D We are blessed beyond words thought to have a always constant God as our guide.

    Love ya, girlie, and praying for you during the low times as well as the high,
    Näna

    p.s. love the new look ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel a bit creeperish having been loving your blog for a long time and never commenting. So yeah, just wanted to let you know! Keep up the lovely posts.

    Oh, and I'm not sure if you do tags or not, but I tagged you over at my blog. See http://raindropsandmoonlight.blogspot.com/2012/04/tagged.html if you'd like to do it!

    -Victoria

    ReplyDelete