Saturday, May 26, 2012

saturday.

This morning I woke up early, showered, read for a little while, and then chatted for about three-and-a-half hours on the phone with my dear Kate. Most of that time was spent on sitting cross-legged on one of the picnic tables on our backporch sipping orange juice, enjoying the morning coolness, being fed homemade doughnuts by my amazingly-kitche-competent sister Marie, and talking through all the joys and trials of life with a best friend.


Last night was a graduating friend's senior recital - definitely an important moment. It was a great celebration of God's work in a person's life, His gift of music, and the blessing of friends. The recital also was a wonderful memory walk of sorts - all songs that I know like the back of my hand, songs that pretty much brought back the past seven or eight years of piano memories and more. And I've decided my favorite piano piece of all time is Chopin's Military Polonaise in A. I've suspected that for some time, but last night confirmed it. *grin* Something about it, no matter where I hear it, or who's playing it, or what I'm doing, it makes me feel at home. ANYWAY. Moving on....


This afternoon while Dad took everyone else to the pool, I read some more, listened to hours of praise music, did a major desk clean-out, filed school papers while watching The Music Man, and now I'm eating a ham sandwich and enjoying my "just for fun" Pandora station ["make me your radio, turn me up when you feel low...."] before I make egg salad (lunch tomorrow).


It's been a relaxing day, and right now the overwhelming feeling I'm experiencing is thankfulness. Thankfulness for my life, my friends, my family, music, sunny days, big gardens, farm smells, comfy clothes, clean kitchens, barbeque sauce, southern accents, cute four year olds and crazy grandparents (okay, that's an inside joke, I'll admit).

Be blessed today, y'all!

"Oh, give thanks to YHWH for He is good! His lovingkindness endures forever!"
- Psalm 136

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a peaceful and relaxing day if you ask me. :)
    Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bSounds like such a lovely, peaceful day. :) Ours was spent catching up on sleep, and mine particularly was spent on Pinterest. :P Oh dear, I suddenly feel unproductive. :)

    {{hugs}}
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun!
    I've had two graduations to participate in these last two days. One was my brothers' from college, and the other was my cousin's from high school. A couple weeks ago I also went to my cousin's confirmation, and this weekend I have another cousins confirmation/graduation to high school...
    Wow...
    Not to mention, I start working tomorrow. :P

    xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole @ Summer Breeze

    http://rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You left something big out of your thankfulness list, I know, as in ingnoring the elephant in the room: how about being done with school? Admit it -- that made the day a little more relaxing. ; )

    Love ya,
    The Fourteenth-Assistant Kitchen Maid

    ReplyDelete