Sunday, June 24, 2012

summer sunday afternoon smoothie

Now that summer has officially arrived, the weather has switched from rainy and cold to blazing hot. We've already had several days in the high nineties, with several more on the forecast for this week. Perfect smoothie weather! I've been drinking a lot of them lately, since it's something that's soothing to my sore throat and congested sinuses and throbbing head.

For a "typical" smoothie, I start with yogurt - either Vanilla or Plain, whatever we happen to have on hand. Today, I got to scrape the bottom of the vanilla container:


Then the "add fruit" part. Sometimes I do strawberries and banana, sometimes peach and banana, or sometimes I just throw about one cup of mixed frozen fruit into the blender (with or without a fresh banana - I didn't use one today) and then...



...add orange juice or milk (OJ today)....

...and a little little bit of honey to take the edge off the yogurt....

...and there you go! A fresh fruit smoothie. I added a dried coconut garnish to mine (kinda overdid it though, I'm sipping it right now and it's all settled to the bottom so I'm getting a mouthful of flakes everytime :P)



It's a still yet stormy Sunday afternoon - everyone in the house is quiet. We have VBS set-up tonight, but other than that, there's not much going on. This week is going to be busy, with swim team every morning and VBS every night, as well as it being the last full week I have until I leave for Nicaragua. It's been a great summer so far, and I'm looking forward to the next month ahead!

On a side note, has anyone seen Pixar's newest movie Brave yet? I'm thinking about going to see it with a friend in the next week or so, and was wondering what y'all's opinions are. PluggedIn doesn't love it, so I'm a little skeptical...but then, PI has been wrong before :P Just curious...

Closing with the Scripture we read today in church (I love the Psalms, btw):
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture,
And the sheep of His hand.
- Psalm 95:6-7
Bless and be blessed today!

3 comments:

  1. Fun! We have VBS soonish, too. Haha
    I haven't seen it, but I really want to.

    xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole @ Summer Breeze

    rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I love smoothies. I actually haven't made one in a while though...maybe I should. :)

    {{hugs}}
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, that looks amazingly delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete