Monday, September 24, 2012

monday joy

It's Monday. But not any ordinary Monday. Most Mondays mean goodbye to the weekend, a week of work ahead, and wishing it was already Friday again. At least, that's what Mondays are to me. Anyway. Yes, I try to be thankful when I swing my legs over the side of the bed on Monday morning and say, "Thank you God for another week!" but that doesn't always *sound* as cheerful as it looks.

But today is different. It should be *very* depressing, since we closed "Bye Bye Birdie" last night, and the thought of never preforming that scene/song/line the same way again is rather disheartening, not to mention indefinite and heart-wrenching goodbyes. (remember, we're all in theater 'cause we're dramatic. think about it) This has been a show full of memories - some wonderful and some hard. But I don't really have time for PSD right now. That'll will come later, as we stick out the three months till the spring show. Right now....

...I'm on my way to BOSTON!

You may remember that I have a dearly beloved older cousin, affectionately nicknamed on Scraps as "Mrs. FTR". Well, she got married back in 2009 to fellow lawyer "Mr. FTR". And just seven weeks ago, "the duet became a trio" (Sound of Music ref.) as they welcomed a precious baby girl into their family. Aside from the fact that this little girl is the first great-grandchild/niece in the family, and that she feels more like a niece than a cousin to me, she also shares my first name and my sister's middle name...SO COOL.

So in just a few hours I will be in the world of my favorite historical read-aloud Johnny Tremain, holding my new little family member, and gearing up for a whole week of fun and hanging out and sight-seeing with my cousins! And I'll also drop by Central Park and look for the Mallards...just for old time's sake, you know.

Also, two weeks ago, my dad gave me a LOVELY graduation gift....a 4th gen iPod touch. Who is still unnamed. I named my little trusty-rusty blue nano "Gavroche" when we bought him a couple years ago, but I'm STUMPED on a name for this new guy. Tossed up some Birdie names 'cause I got it during tech week, and have tried listening to my soundtracks for inspiration, but I'm kinda stuck. Any suggestions? Oh, and speaking of Mac products, Maddie and I bought a MacBook Air last week too. Sweet stuff. I love spending hard-earned money on practical things :)

ALSO, Catherine and I *finally* bought the Canadian cast soundtrack of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat simply 'cause it stars Donny Osmond as Joseph, and we've been listening to it non-stop. What a great show....seriously. "Close Every Door" just might be the most beautiful show tune ever, the "Finale/Give Me My Colored Coat" gives me goosebumps everytime, "Song of the King" and "Benjamin Calypso" will always make me smile, "One More Angel" is BRILLIANTLY written, and the lovely tune of the line "...strange as it seems there's been a run of crazy dreams" rings in my head all day long. Will never get old. Oh how I love Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice!
okay so I love Donny wayyyy too much :D
"Then Judah said, “What shall we say to my lord? What shall we speak? Or how shall we clear ourselves? God has found out the iniquity of your servants; here we are, my lord’s slaves, both we and he also with whom the cup was found...Now therefore, please let your servant remain instead of the lad as a slave to my lord, and let the lad go up with his brothers. For how shall I go up to my father if the lad is not with me, lest perhaps I see the evil that would come upon my father?”"
- Genesis 44:16, 33-34
I love the story of Joseph - one of my favorites since our pastor did a deep and thorough series on it earlier this year. Judah's intercession for Benjamin moves me like few other stories do.

So that's my happy rant today! I'm in high spirits. Life is good. Rough around the edges, but still good. Have a wonderful week, my lovely friends, and pictures from Boston will be up as soon as I can get them taken and processed :) In the meantime, GO LISTEN TO JOSEPH. Hehe.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely Monday. :) Enjoy your new little relative and use this week to chill, feel metropolish, and experience Yankeeism in its finest. ;)
    <3 Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding it rather hard to make this a congratulatory comment and not an envious sigh. :P Really, girl, it sounds like you have a splendid week ahead! Have a wonderful time with your new little niece *ahem* cousin once removed. ;)

    Love you,
    Elizabeth Rose

    P.S. Johnny Tremain is amazing, and the fact that you referenced it in this post made my day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. It's been a while since I listened to that soundtrack... Or watched the movie... lol...

    I was also wondering if you accept sponsors? I would like to sponsor a blog design...
    If you're interested, or want more info, you can email me at rainydayblogdesigns@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole @ Summer Breeze

    rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Beat you to it! We watched "Joseph and the..." with Donny Osmond earlier this year. I love "Close Every Door", but I must admit, the rest was just a tiny bit too cheesy for my taste. I'll have to get over my realism some time, but I'm not there yet.
    Oh -- I love Mondays. They mean there's almost an entire week of days left to enjoy and get stuff done before the week is over. Don't ask me about the logic on that, but once you are 18 [high-and-mighty toss of the head] you might feel that waiting your whole life for Fridays makes you get old way too quickly.
    Have fun in Boston!

    ~ The 14th-Assistant Kitchen Maid

    ReplyDelete