Thursday, November 1, 2012

and time flies.

"Time flies when you're having fun." There is truth in that, but also in "Time flies when you're BUSY." So here I find myself on November 1st, exactly a week after my eighteenth birthday - having not posted anything about the aforementioned birthday, and sitting in a rental apartment in Cambridge, at the beginning of my second week in Massachusetts in the past two months. Funny how life works sometimes. *wry grin*

It's safe to say I did not have many shining moments this week. We were cooped up all weekend due to the storm, I tried to get some sewing in for the show, we canceled our Boston trip, then spontaneously decided to do it anyway (which meant a lightning-fast packing-and-departure), our church homecoming was last weekend, and then we had a fourteen-hour car ride yesterday and overall I think I lost my focus on the idea of Christian and brotherly love and how it "bears all things, hope all things, endures all things". To say the least, I've been a bit of a grump - in person and online, I think. My apologies :)

But it's all good now! We just came back from a sightseeing morning which include the Battle Trail, Paul Revere's capture site, Lexington Common, and the Alcott family's Orchard House in Concord. And yours truly, Jo March, stood with my own two feet in the bedroom of Louisa May Alcott - the real Jo March. So I have come in full circle and feel like I can blog with my "pen name" once again with a will *grin* Oh the joy!

Well, the day's not over yet, so I'll say goodbye for the present. But I wanted to check in with my lovely blog readers so you all won't wonder what in the world has happened to me the past few weeks (months, really, actually. since before Nica).

More posts with lots of pictures to come! Memories, memories, memories. What would life be without them? What if we couldn't remember the little things...how would we know what to enjoy? Never mind. I should go *grin*


1 comment:

  1. Hi! You should tell us about your birthday soon.
    I noticed your new blog quote. It reminds me of "The Importance of Being Earnest" about proposing: "One normally gets accepted, I believe... If I ever get married, I shall certainly try to forget the fact." It's true, and the uncertainty makes it an adventure, but sometimes adventure gets old, doesn't it?
    Have fun in Boston.

    ~ The Ordinary Princess

    ReplyDelete