Thursday, November 29, 2012

awkward and awesome // 11.29.12

Awkward:

- the amount of spam comments I get everyday. Anyone else having this problem?

- running up the stage steps and getting the toe of my cowboy boot caught under the step and tripping, managing to barely regain my balance before reaching the stop, only to stumble headlong into our photographer...not my shining moment

- reading emails on my iPod at rehearsal 'cause I thought no one was around, only to look up and see a friend politely waiting for me to finish so they could ask me a question. I felt like a Typical Teenage Device Addicted Jerk. Anyway. Being more careful from now on.

- handing Mr. Burton his costume. Which wouldn't be awkward, except that he's a wonderful homeschool dad who's always dressed very nicely...and the costume is a purple jumper with an orange shirt and fleece hat with braids. Hey, I wasn't the one who came up with the idea. I just do as I'm told. :P
- sitting here like a nervous wreck refreshing our theater troupe's website in anticipation of the announcement of our next show...but already knowing deep down what it will be, and that it will actually most likely be announced tomorrow *wry grin*

- my director and our stage manager both left their scripts at home. For dress rehearsal. Unprecedented. So they borrowed mine. Glad to be of service!

Awesome:

- ordering five soundtracks off Amazon (you can get them cheap if you buy used CDs and then rip them to your computer) and getting two in the mail on the same day. Into the Woods and Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. Just waiting on Evita, Annie, and Lion King Broadway.

- my preschool class. They just are.

- Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. A new favorite that I was introduced to by the lovely Heffington girls. The movie is adorable, and now I have the soundtrack on repeat. "Impossible! for a plain yellow pumpkin to become a golden carriage. Impossible!..." Really a lovely find, with some wonderful songs. I think I have most of them memorized already...

- feeling helpful and productive at work, at church, at home, at rehearsals. I like being available for people, and especially since I've come to realize over the past months that people like to be around me (not just me liking to hang out with them), I've just come to enjoy being a servant more. :D

- PERCHIK HAS A SONG!!! Who knew, right? My bad for not ever listening to original show soundtrack, just the movie. Perchik SINGS! Totally made my day. It's called "Now I Have Everything", and just confirmed a hundred times over that someday I want to play Hodel. *grin*


- hanging out at our church friends' farm for the day, processing venison, chatting and watching football. Oh, and playing with their adorably cute hunting puppies.

- Raspberry hot chocolate. Mama bought this hot chocolate sampler thingy in Sam's that had all these different flavors. Some have been pretty good (like the Double Chocolate, or Caramel), some are okay (White Chocolate), and one I haven't tried yet (Warm Oatmeal Cookie - *seriously*). But when I tried Raspberry for the first time the other day, it was AMAZING. Now I can't get enough :D

- meaningful conversations about real things with people you care about. Because iron really does sharpen iron, and when we are seeking the Lord, and we share our journey with others, we are blessed.

And closing with two pictures of my baby sister, because no post is complete without her *grin*

6 comments:

  1. Oooohdalolly! You finally watched it! :D Sarah and I like to annoy each other and then bust up laughing by singing "the Party Preparation Song"
    "Now would it please your majesties, I have a list of wines. The best of all the vintages from every nation's vines."
    "I want the wine of my country."
    "hush, my dear."
    "I want the wine of my country! I want the wine of my country! I want the wine of my country! The wine of my country is beer!"
    "Obviously." XD

    ReplyDelete

  2. Love this awkward and awesome post...cause I can totally relate to a few of the awkward's! It's good to know I'm not the only one tripping in my cowboy boots (all. the. time!), or accidentally looking like a "TTDAJ" when using my mom's iPhone...in the Kroger, I feel like saying to every person I pass "No, really, I am just looking at the grocery list on the notes app!"

    kek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,

    I just discovered the Fiddler on the Roof play soundtrack a couple months ago when I checked out the cd from the library. "Now I Have Everything" is one of my favorite Fiddler on the Roof songs I now. I also really enjoyed "The Rumor".

    What exactly do you do at the preschool? Are you an assistant teacher/aide?

    In Christ,
    Taylor Christine

    P.S You made me really curious what you think the next play is going to be. Did you just leave us a clue in this post? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Perchik has a song! I always thought he should have one in the movie, but it never occurred to me that they had actually cut it from the screen adaptation. Bad decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of us just watched "Cinderella" for the first time. I didn't rate it "aweswome," but "Impossible" is really cute, and I've had the pumpking/bumpkin carriage/marriage lines stuck in my head a few times already. I like the fairy god-mother, and the old-fashioned "magic" is quaint.

    ~ The 14th-Assistant Kitchen Maid

    ReplyDelete
  6. {Rachel} - Haha! YES!

    {Taylor} - I'm an aide to a teacher, but I also end up substituting as a teacher every now and then as well. And I end up aiding all three classrooms too :D

    ReplyDelete