Thursday, November 8, 2012

fourteen.

I can't believe it. She's fourteen. It wasn't all that long ago that she was this little:

And I was so proud of my "first" little sister (since when the next sister after yourself is only 18 months younger, you don't really ever think of them as "little").

Just thinking back on all the fantastic years we've had together - the memories shared, lessons learned, changes experienced -  and Lord willing, the many years we'll have in future as sisters and friends...


I love your spirit - your zest for life. Your love of adventure, of tackling new things. Your musical talent for piano and singing. Your love of musicals. Your love of family.


And from all the comments and emails and messages you've received today, it seems the word of the day is "crazy" when talking about your personality. And I'll have to agree, although I mean crazy in all every positive sense of the word. If crazy means singing Joseph all day (every day), or tackling and playing with Zu, or waltzing and bouncing your way around the kitchen, or goofing off with me after rehearsals...then I love crazy.
 

I love you girl. Happy birthday.

6 comments:

  1. happy birthday, Titty!

    When I sent you a birthday e-mail, I think I also used the word crazy, but in a very good way! :)

    Emilie M.

    www.simple-crafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you do to the CAKE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt so teary eyed after reading this...you sound like an amazing person....Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just put 14 candles on, it didn't look that firery when I blue them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I know what you mean when you say you don't think of someone 18 months younger than you as your little brother (or sister).

    -J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Little Miss March! <3 You're such a beauty. And I love your smile. :) <3

    ReplyDelete