Thursday, December 13, 2012

awkward and awesome thursday

It's thirty minutes till midnight - I have time! *grin*

C. S. Lewis - love this quote. Have found it to be true.
awkward:
- the countless times I dropped food in my lap, smeared chocolate on my face, or somehow or other managed to make a fool of myself while eating this week. Gotta love me for it….

- getting completely and utterly lost on my way between Still Meadows and UVA. I literally have the worst internal GPS of any other driver I know. I'VE LIVED HERE FOR EIGHTEEN YEARS. I should know better already.

i love being a big sister
via pinterest
- heading into Food Lion after work to pick up some stuff for Mama. Well, for Mama, but really for Zanna. Pull ups. And smoothies for Maddie and I (I was picking her up from exams right afterwards). I wonder what people thought…I'm obviously young, so to have a three year old who'd need pull-ups would've put me having a kid super young…and hopefully no one thought they were for me…and no one would automatically think, "Oh, they're probably for her little sister who's fifteen years younger than her." I chose not to think about it - oh, the life of the oldest child!

- my dad starting a conversation with me that started, "I read on your blog…."


awesome:

- Christmas parties. They just are.

- the fact that my Dad and younger siblings are in Tennessee getting our new puppy *right now*.

- hand making my Christmas gifts. This has been such a fun adventure! I can't wait to share all my projects after the holidays (since my whole family reads my blog)

- "in-town" yesterday, which included work in the morning, lunch at Chick-fil-A, violin lessons, an impromptu visit with my grandparents, hanging out with Kari until church, Body Life meal, Christmas program rehearsal (which is Sunday - eep!), and then home. One of those days when you feel ridiculously grown up and too big for your boots.

- Straight No Chaser.

- showing the little ones The Wizard of Oz for the first time, and realizing my nine-year-old dream of someday playing the Scarecrow is just as alive as it was then. Counting down till MaryAnne pulls it out again...

- practicing for the Christmas program and hearing the children singing all their songs out word-perfect and with enthusiasm. A director's dream and joy. Let's just hope they sing that loud on Sunday night *grin*

- The Hobbit premieres TONIGHT! I'm not there (*sob*), but I'm still excited!
Countdown to The Hobbit 12.14.12

So that's been my awks and awesomes of the week! Barely squeezed it in - seconds to go! Have a great almost-Friday, peoples!

4 comments:

  1. You're getting a puppy!!! Yay!

    Love the Straight No Chaser video. Literally lol. :) I hadn't seen that one before.

    And THE HOBBIT! I can't wait until it comes out on DVD. I might just break down and go see it as a birthday present. Yes, precious. ;) But then I'll have to wait for Les Mis to come out on DVD. How will I decide??? The agonies of a Tolkien/musical nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not alone!
    Have I told you that both my Dad and older brother have gotten mistaken for my husband? Just last Sunday someone asked me, "So do you have all those kids?" I don't know what they see in me.
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only 18-year-old who drops food in their lap, either.
    Have an awesome weekend!

    ~ The 14th-Assistant Kitchen Maid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your siblings and father are in ??!! If all y'all were with them, I would suggest something most exciting. ^_^

    Ahh, the Hobbit! I wish I could say I've seen it, but I haven't. Soon, my friend, very soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I can totally sympathize with people thinking that my little sister is my daughter. We're only ten years apart, but I get the most horrid expressions when people assume that I'm a teen mom.

    And also, my dad loves starting conversations by saying "I read on your blog..." Those are awkward conversations sometimes. Dad, I wrote this stuff for other girls, not dads. :D

    Yes yes yes, aren't Christmas parties just fantastic? I'd rather have them than birthday parties, because the atmosphere is so Christ-focused and joyful.

    Straight No Chaser makes my life so much better. That is all.

    And finally, so much Hobbity goodness! I'm seeing it tomorrow (Saturday) after only waiting for two years... no biggie. *screams*

    Um, girl, are you sure we're not related? This post made me so happy because I know I'm not the only one who has those particular awkward/awesome moments.

    God bless,
    Larkin

    ReplyDelete