Saturday, December 22, 2012

let the countdown begin

Yes, yes, yes - two posts in one day. Horrors! But humor me this time. You'll see why.

So. I just got back from a cast Christmas party. And while there, I received some slight ridicule for this morning's Hobbit post. And the person *cough cough* who gave me the most grief hasn't actually seen the film *cough cough*. ANYWAY. I love you, Ms Julia, and bear you no ill will. I guess it's what I deserve for casting you as a cow. My apologies. I hope I'm off the naughty list now…

Haha. But, my dear, I think you won't mind this type of fan-girl post, 'cause guess what was waiting for me on my bed when I came home tonight:




Honestly, I'm not sure I can explain how I'm feeling about this right now…considering this has been a dream of mine since I was twelve years old, there may not be any words. Especially since Sierra Boggess will be Christine…mind blown.

Sierra Boggess
Her voice is divine. While I try not to make heroes or idols out of pop figures, she is my singing/acting/anything-theatre-related inspiration.

Sierra Boggess as Fantine <3 Sierra Boggess
Sierra as Fantine and Ariel, respectively.

I've never been to New York City before, I've never seen Phantom live before, and seeing Sierra in person was something I'd never even conceived of until I heard she was coming to Broadway briefly as Christine in 2013. It's just so much wonderfulness at one time that I don't really know what to do.

I may just have to stop here :D

62 Days till I see Phantom on BROADWAY!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Jo! Thats is so insane/awesome/amazing/mind blowing/ CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No comment from the peanut gallery on the Hobbit assessment...

    I AM VERY JEALOUS WHEN IT COMES TO THE PHANTOM TICKETS.

    Just saying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've never seen Phantom live before? Oh, goodness... I am so excited for you! :D

    When I saw it live it was the most incredible experience and when the chandelier was raised, I had chills running up and down my spine. Words cannot even begin to describe how amazing it was.

    Can't wait to hear what your experience is going to be like!


    -O.G. (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *scream* I'm SO excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no words.
    except.
    jealous.

    ReplyDelete