Saturday, January 26, 2013

hair day, downton, phantom // daybook 1.26.13

"If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory." ~ Colossians 3:1-4
Date January 26, 2013
Starting time... 8:28pm
Moodnot sure…kinda so-so. not bad, just average.
Outside my windowdark and rather cold. wet. snowy. the works.
I'm thinkingabout a lot of things…one of them being my future family. And no, not in my usual dreamy way. Kinda serious actually. There are some things that I really want to get right, and sometimes my sin is so in my face that I despair that I will ever be able to overcome the past enough to move forward. But God is good.
I'm currently reading… The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson by Emily Dickinson
I'm listening to"Paper Roses" by Marie Osmond (its 60s/70s kind of night)
I'm wearingjeans, black long sleeve tshirt, cozy pink vest, and my Irish cross necklace from Mom W.
I'm looking forward toour upcoming road trip to Kentucky! Just six more days!
I'm hopingthat we'll get to see the Samuels one more time before Group #1 leaves.
Yesterday, Itook a family road trip to Washington D.C. to the Marine Corps Museum in honor of Luke's 9th birthday (which is the 31st), and celebrated Mama's birthday (which was yesterday), which included watching the end of Downton Season 3. {btw - IMHO, the series is over}

I'm hungry forice cream. May have to go sneak some in a minute...
The song stuck inside my head is"We Can Work It Out" by The Beatles. "Life. Is. Very. Short. and there's no tiii-iii-iii-iime for fussin' and fightin' my friend [bum da bum da bum] I. Have. Always. Thought. that it's a criii-iii-iii-iime so I will ask. you. once. again…."
I loveHair Day. Which was today. And for those of y'all unfamiliar with hair day, it means I go over to the K's house to help Mrs K braid Mihret's hair. It also means about four hours of braiding, lots of yummy snacks, and at least two movies. Today we watched Cinderella, an episode of Leave it to Beaver, Mulan, and an episode of Little House on the Prairie. Good times! I love hair day.
I loatheingrown toe nails. But you didn't want to know that.
This week, my goal isto get my bank account stuff straightened out (ordering checks, paying bills, make deposits, etc.) I know. BOOOORRRRING.
Did I meet last week's goal?FAIL. But that probably wasn't my fault. *cough cough* Dad.
Picture(s) of the Weekfrom hair day.

Ending time8:59pm.

And, as a point of interest, today is the 25th anniversary of the opening of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. Happy Birthday to my favorite musical!


1 comment: