Sunday, January 13, 2013

new year, new directions

It's 2013. A new year, new beginnings, and in many ways, a fresh start. And a whole brand new year to serve Jesus Christ. Twelve whole months to fill with kingdom work.

And that's where this blog needs some help.

I started this blog in 2009, on my fifteenth birthday, as a sewing blog. That didn't last very long, as I found I had MUCH more to say than just what sewing projects I was working on. Then, for a while, I was famous for my monthly quotes quizzes. And then for my almost-daily book reviews.

And more recently, it's just been a way to keep in touch with those I love.

But now I'm a new season of life. I've graduated from highschool, I'm working, I have my driver's license, I'm eighteen. I'm officially a "stay at home daughter", and being treated like an adult. People ask me, "So what are you doing now?" and my answer is "Oh, just living."
beautiful.

This fall has been a learning and growing couple months as I got a feel for what this new life was going to be like. There were ups and downs as I had to let go of things I'd been holding on to for way too long that were not glorifying to God, and had to repent of sin. But now I can start fresh - actually the overwhelming peace that comes from God and God alone has been so present in my heart and spirit the past two weeks that I feel I can almost touch it.

So that's where I am, and here's how that changes what's happening here:

This blog can be SO MUCH MORE than it is right now. It can be more edifying, more encouraging, and more informative. It can be a ministry. And I have the time now to make that happen. A lot of time, actually. And I want to be using it (my time) for something productive that will further the Kingdom. And this blog is so dear to me, that it's time I integrated it into this new life.

I'm not sure exactly what that looks like, but I'm one of those crazy spontaneous types with lots of big ideas, so I have a lot up my sleeve. But be thinking recipes, music, books, siblings, pictures, trips, Bible, poems, songs, musicals, sewing, crafts, housework, etc all with a good dose of Liza humor and you'll be on the right track. *grin*

Here's to 2013!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I love fresh starts! I can't wait to read/see all the newness. :)

    P.S. I'll be emailing you about something exciting this afternoon. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to it! I love the new look, Jo! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, I haven't been to your blog in a while! Trying to keep up by e-mail notifications just isn't the same.
    I love your answer to, "What have you been up to?" I think that's what life is about. Lately I've had so many exciting things happening that I haven't had to use something like it, but remembering to just live when you're busy is probably equally hard as doing it when nothing big is happening.
    Anyway, it's good to be back to your blog. And praise God for His peace that comes and captures those who let it. I love it!

    ~ The Ordinary Princess

    ReplyDelete