Thursday, February 21, 2013

awkward and awesome // 2.21.13 // corey and kara

supposed to have posted this yesterday, but didn't. so let's just pretend I did, savvy?
"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love." ~ 1 John 4:18
awkward:
- making eye contact with people while working out at the gym. Do you smile at them, ignore, wave, WHAT?
- dropping jelly down my front while making hamantaschen
- very nearly getting run over by fast moving set pieces during break down after tech last night #dangeroustimes
- my toe nails. they look AWFUL. I have got to do something about this.
- goodbyes. not looking forward to the one I have to say tomorrow.
- falling on the ice. it just is, no matter how used to it I am :P
- working car line at preschool…do the parents want to bring their child in? do they want you to go out the car to get them? or meet them at the sidewalk? hold the door? I don't knooooowwww! (and I've been doing this for two years)
- having to seam-rip the zipper in my NYC dress *four* times. And now I'm having to come to terms with the fact that it's not going to be perfect. Bummer.

awesome
 - ice skating and SweetFrogs with Stephanie, Nate and the crowd. So much fun! Enjoying myself more now that I'm steady on my feet. Skating also prompted some interesting inner reflective thoughts…still trying to decide whether to share them or not *hmm*
- getting called up at the last minute last night to help with Black Box's workshop "Princess and the Pea"….which opens TONIGHT. *grin* Every show that I say I'm NOT going to do, I end up helping up with somehow.
- preparing for Purim, which is tomorrow. Making dozens, and dozens, and dozens of hamantaschen…close to twelve dozen right now, I think.
- planning and thinking about and packing and getting ready for my TRIP TO NEW YORK CITY. Not that I'm excited or anything. Tuesday, here I come!
- hanging out with the older ladies at church - teasing them and being teased in turn. They're just awesome, through and through. So blessed to have them!
- driving slow on the road home, rolling the window down, feeling the damp spring-like air, wearing my cowboy hat and singing Taylor. *sigh* that was such a lovely day. I can't wait for warmer weather!
.
via pinterest - but it kinda looks like me, don't it? :D

Talent for the week - the adorable Corey Cott and Kara Lindsay, currently starring opposite each other in Newsies, singing "A Whole New World" from Aladdin as part of a Hurricane Sandy benefit concert. This video is the *peak* of awkward and awesome. Enjoy it! *grin* Kara has some pretty fantastic facial expressions, and Corey is a ham. :P They obviously have a lot of fun acting together - so cool.

 
And yes, I'm gonna see these two when I'm in NYC. Sorry… :)

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” ― Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

  1. haha, these awkwards were so funny! The other day I spilled lemonade down my shirt...at church! =)

    And I LOVE that vid at the end....too CUTE!

    ~Jaime

    ReplyDelete