Saturday, May 4, 2013

new every morning

It's Saturday. I slept in until seven thirty because I honestly can't make myself sleep later than that no matter what day it is. I took a shower, didn't blow dry my hair, then sat criss-cross applesauce on my unmade bed running my fingers through it trying to help it dry on its own. I pulled my bible off the desk and flipped absentmindedly through the highlighted, dog eared, precious pages looking for the Proverb of the day. Finger running down the page, and then the prayer, "Lord, show me something new from your Word this morning."

I did get something new. A new verse. I must've read it before, since I've gone through the Bible cover to cover several times in my life, but I have no recollection of this gem. A new verse. How often does that happen?

It rang through my heart like nothing else has in a long time. It's poetry, beautiful words straight from God, painting a beautiful picture in my mind.

But the path of the just is like the shining sun,
That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.
proverbs 4:18

With all that I'm facing, all the excitement and anticipation and ache and tears and emotion, all that's rushing at me this summer, this was the Word I needed to hear. 

With tears in my eyes, I thanked the Father for showing me He cared. That He's still listening to me, even when I ignored Him with the uncaring attitude of an unfaithful bride. I've been handed a fresh start - because His mercies truly are new every morning, and He alone can make my path to shine ever brighter unto the perfect day.
.

0 little note(s):

Post a Comment