Wednesday, July 10, 2013

touched with a coal.

Trembling with the weight of the task I have been given.

I understand, in some small way, the anguish and desperation of soul that wrenched the cry from Isaiah, "Woe is me, for I undone; because I am a man of unclean lips!" [Isaiah 6:5] This was his response to the vision he was granted - seeing the glory of God, enthroned on high. He saw, as it were, the Law of God - and his own gross failure to live up to it's standard of holiness and purity.

This is the cry of my own heart. I have seen the glory of Jesus, as revealed in the Word of God.

God spoke to His people on Mt. Horeb with His own Voice - and they cried out, begging that He would not speak to them again because He was too great, too holy. So He gave them His written Word. That was His voice, His word.

But the word He gave them, and their ark of the covenant, and their tabernacle (later temple), and EVERYTHING ABOUT THEIR CULTURE was a megaphone shouting:

Jesus Christ!

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word WAS God." [John 1:1]

The Word of God in human form: Jesus Christ. 

We have asked for the voice of God, we want to hear Him speak to us. We want Him to lay out His will for our lives in clear, simple speech. Yet, somehow we over look that we have His Word - His oracle - the very life of God - available to us in the Bible. 

The question is: do I want to know God's will for my life….or do I want to know HIM? 

The more I study Him, His beauty, His Word - the more I learn about the Life that indwells me, the more I quake. The more I stand in fear and awe and wonder and love for this amazing Creator God. 

On a practical side - I'm His. He has my complete allegiance - even to the point of death. And my life is now to be a reflection of the beauty and glory of His character.

Oh, but woe is me! I am a girl of unclean lips! How in the world do *I*, in my weak, miserable human form, proclaim the glory and life of my King?

He has touched my mouth with a live coal - He has command me in the clear words of Scripture. 

I am to speak His words. No longer will MY life be MY life. I am dead. Undone. Now, it is no longer I who live but CHRIST LIVES IN ME.

His words = my words.

This is my task at hand. To reflect my Creator and speak His words. 

He calls, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us [and showcase the glories of Jesus Christ]?" [Isaiah 6:8 - my brackets added]

And I say, "Here am I. Send me."

The command is: "Go and tell."

My life purpose is to be the mouth piece of God. If it doesn't exalt Him, I WILL. NOT. SAY IT. Jesus is my most precious treasure, and I will not shut up about Him. He is real - He is my life. Nothing else about me - wormy, incapable, woe is me - matters.

In the words of the old hymn:
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face and things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace!"

May these words of my mouth and 
this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
 Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

0 little note(s):

Post a Comment