Tuesday, August 27, 2013

el jardín

Within an hour of arriving home from the airport, I was out in the garden with Mama picking okra and hot peppers (two vegetables that grow *unnaturally* fast) and enjoying the lovely Southern summer weather. Honestly, I had missed the humidity just a little bit…I like feeling warm all over, not just on the top of my head.






THIS IS FOR YOU, ALYSE!
This is why you shouldn't adopt people as siblings when they aren't really and never will be - it makes saying goodbye ridiculously hard.

speaking of missing people…every time I work with hot peppers I think of the day I passed out some cayenne peppers to my table mates one evening…*memories!*


All that said, it's absolutely LOVELY to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful garden! Wow.

    ~ The Ordinary Princess

    ReplyDelete