Thursday, August 22, 2013

hey, it's good to be back home again.

I love…
- sweet tea
- humidity. I love feeling warm all-around, not just on the top of my head.
- driving
- southern accents
- organizing my desk
- dancing to show tunes
- spending time with my Mama
- seeing my church family and catching up with life
- planning this next school year with Mama
- okra
- fresh fruit and vegetables from the garden
- HOT PEPPERS galore

But that last item keeps reminding me of certain folks, transitioning nicely into the next section of this post...

I miss…
- walking to breakfast
- serving lunch
- guessing what message Eric is going to give
- voting on aforementioned message
- chapel in the morning
- stunning sunsets behind the mountains
- seeing everyone's beautiful smiling faces everyday
- dodging sprinklers
- "Wasn't that good?"
- Ellerslie humor ^

It's been a bit of a "culture shock". I wake up in the morning and think I'm at Ellerslie, and then have to remind myself constantly that I'm home. This evening I was cleaning my room and needed the vacuum. My first thought was, "I hope the guys are done with it." Sorry, dear, you're not at Ellerslie anymore. Or turning the shower on and off - which is highly amusing to everyone else.

But Jesus has been so faithful this week, and I can truly say that I am thrilled, overwhelmed, and so happy to be home. This is clearly where He wants me, and the safest, most joyful place in the world is smack-dab in the center of His will.

I was also blessed to find pictures of the rose that the young men of my semester "gave" me at graduation. The Flaming Peace Rose - a symbol of Spirited Charity.

Yes, I miss Ellerslie, and probably will continue to do so even in the months to come, but I'm content to be right here, right now.

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High 
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."
- Psalm 91:1

2 comments:

  1. Aw, how sweet! Did they give you a rosebush or just a rose? And is this a yearly tradition? Awwww. If I had the money, I would love to go to Ellerslie...between you and Casey..it seems wonderful. But we missed you, Liza, and I'm so glad to have you back! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually just the name of the rose - as part of the graduation ceremony. It's something the basic guys do for the girls in their basic class each semester. :)

      Delete