Sunday, August 4, 2013

testimony of grace

Just looking back through my blog, I have this really strong temptation to delete the whole thing and start over. The LORD has a hold of my heart, and now that I can see Him, all these other things that used to be such a huge part of my life are fading away. I had so many idols….so many….and looking at them, these worldly shrines that I had set up while all the time living under the banner of Christ. Breaking His heart. Ignoring the One Who should've been my life, my everything.

But part of me loves watching the transition. God is so faithful, and you can see through the archives how He laid hold of different areas of my life over time.

So I don't think I'm going to start over…but in a way, I am. Today during the sermon we were challenged to guard every word, take every thought captive, because we WILL give an account for every idle word spoken….and blogging counts. I've said lots of idle things here - and now I see that even a blog can bring honor and glory to my Jesus.

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, 
they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 
- Matthew 12:36

Same blog. Same author. New goal.

That goal?

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, 
do all to the glory of God
- 1 Cor. 10:31


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I'm glad you decided to keep the whole thing. Looking back and seeing how God has been faithful is so healthy. So excited to be able to watch you grow and encourage the rest of us to follow suit.

    ReplyDelete