Thursday, September 5, 2013

"love is not only something you feel, it is something you do."

That's a David Wilkerson quote, by the way.

We are two weeks deep into the school year, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the time I get to help teach Josh and Susannah. You hear lots of funny things when you work closely with a four and six year old together *hehe*
we do lots of puzzles. especially the princess ones.

Over the past week I was able to Skype/talk on the phone with two of my dear ones still at Ellerslie. Two weeks feels much longer than it actually is. It's wonderful to see how God is already using our different circumstances to press us closer to Him. I miss growing *with* them, hearing the same material, experiencing the same things, but this is a new season of life, and I'm thankful for His faithfulness in the little things each and every day, no matter where we are.
sweet memories - yours truly, Morgan, and Carrie

Currently, I'm packing up my little blue suitcase for a weekend in Ohio. Not just any old weekend though, but nothing less than Ohio Summer Rendezvous….hosted by Michaela and Anna Ferrar and Co. I'm tremendously excited, considering I've "known" these girls via our blogs for so many years and *finally* we get to meet in person! It's going to be epicly lovely. I did realize this morning that I know absolutely no one who will be there, but, as my dear mama pointed out, that's never been a problem for me, so I should be just fine. *sheepish grin*

And, last but most *certainly* not least, I had my first "Hair Day" since early June! It took a couple rows before I was back in the groove, but overall I didn't lose the skill, thank goodness. This time we watched the Kit Kitteredge movie, and the old Disney Pollyanna. Both were highly amusing and perfect choices for keeping a seven-year-old still for three and a half hours. [we forgot to give her a break, poor thing!]

Tuesday night, my parents took me out for my half birthday supper, as is Morales family tradition. Laying aside the fact that my half birthday was in April, at least we squeezed it in before my next birthday. *chuckle* I am so thankful and blessed that my parents are seeking Jesus too, and we can spur each other on to godliness. Their love and support are such a strong foundation to my life.
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails….And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.~ 1 Corinthians 13

1 comment:

  1. You were in my "thankfulness" journal this week, Liza. :)

    ReplyDelete