Thursday, September 19, 2013

throwback thursday // narnian edition.

It's movie night over here at my house - Mama and Daddy took Caroline out for her half-birthday supper (Morales tradition) and those of us left at home are enjoying a fun evening of treats and time together. Normally, I let the younger one choose the film we're going to watch, but this time, Sissy called an executive decision - we're going to watch The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.


It's probably been a good two years (at least eighteen months) since I last saw this - and I've been feeling nostalgic lately as the autumn has been coming on. It's been almost four years since I started this here humble blog, and for a long time the main focus of my time was re-creating costumes and reading costume blogs - many of them Narnia-oriented. Oh, the hours spent studying Susan's dress, saving hundreds of pictures and wishing C.S. Lewis's magical world was actually real. :) Good times of fourteen/fifteen year old Liza. (Olivia, you know what I'm talking about :P)


So, we made popcorn, snacked on brownies, and re-entered this lovely land of fawns and beavers and scrumptious outfits and hilarious CGI. :P

Reliving the past….it's fun.

"Once a King or Queen in Narnia…always a King or Queen."

2 comments:

  1. Several weeks ago, we watched LWW for the first time in months, and just like you, my heart was captured anew by the story. C.S. Lewis and his Chronicles of Narnia have become something of a habit with me; I offhandedly say he's my favorite author, and while that is every bit true, I don't always consider why he's my favorite. With my younger brother reading through the series for the first time and our watching the first (and best *wink*) movie within the same span of time, I fell in love with the series all over again. I especially love this line right at the end of the film:

    Professor Kirk: "Oh! There you are. What were you all doing in the wardrobe?"
    Peter: "You wouldn't believe us, sir, if we told you."
    Professor Kirk: "Try me."

    Knowing the Professor's own history and interactions with Narnia gives that line so much more unspoken depth and meaning. There are a hundred other occurrences of the same ilk that I could mention, but I see I'd only be preaching to the choir in this regard. :) Isn't it so much fun coming back to old classics like this?

    ReplyDelete