Friday, October 25, 2013

well, it's today!


Today (well, more like, "as of 11:40-something tonight"), I am officially nineteen years young. This feels like a bigger birthday in many ways, but in others, it's just another marker reminding me that time is still ticking. I love my birthday, as y'all well know, so I'm happy that today belongs to me :)

Normally I have all these profound, nostalgic memories to share on or around October 25th each year, but today, I just have a prayer on my heart.

All I want for this next year is that it would be marked by complete and utter dependence on my Eternal, Ageless God. None of my plans, desires, dreams or ideas mean anything if it's not submitted to His Will and in line with His Heart. So that's what I want for this twentieth year…to be emptied of myself and filled up with His Spirit.

Claiming this verse today:

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." {1 Corinthians 6:19-20}

Happy birthday to me! *giggle*

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Liza! Have a beautiful day and a year that is filled with the abounding grace and love of our precious Savior! May He continue to guide you as you grow in Him. Have a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I hope the next year is a beautiful year for you, full of growing closer to Him each day. He is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! God bless you as you seek after Him! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Liza! Wishing you many more wonderful years as you serve God! Thank you for being such a sweet, godly example to the blog world. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Liza! God bless <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!! I am so glad we met at the OSR! You are an amazing and sweet girl! Sending hugs!!

    ReplyDelete