Monday, December 23, 2013

not skilled. in the least.


I am not skilled to understand
What God hath willed, what God hath planned;
I only know that at His right hand
Is One Who is my Savior!

I take Him at His word indeed;
“Christ died for sinners”—this I read;
For in my heart I find a need
Of Him to be my Savior!

That He should leave His place on high
And come for sinful man to die,
You count it strange? So once did I,
Before I knew my Savior!

And oh, that He fulfilled may see
The travail of His soul in me,
And with His work contented be,
As I with my dear Savior!

Yea, living, dying, let me bring
My strength, my solace from this Spring;
That He Who lives to be my King
Once died to be my Savior!
Trinity Hymnal #429 - lyrics Dorothy Greenwell


There are days when it's easy to follow and rejoice in Christ. He's leading, guiding, and you can see His hand at work. Other days, it's silent. Completely quiet. And for some reason, those are the times when you need Him most. You feel abandoned, left alone, cold, frustrated.

But it's on those days that you have to look past your feelings. Look past their deception and see Truth. 

He hasn't left us. He hasn't forsaken us. He promised He never would, and His promises never fail. He is still working, still moving, still guiding - even if we in our flawed human minds cannot see it. 

We may not be skilled to understand. 
But we take Him at His Word, and know He will not fail.


3 comments:

  1. That was the perfect word for me today. I love that song. How come I don't remember it more often? Thanks for reminding me! Merry Christmas!

    Love, The Ordinary Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder, even when God seems to be silent He is still there and is actually working overtime to draw us to Him in that moment - to grow us! Also I didn't realize that song was a hymn, I've only know that as the lyrics to a song by Aaron Shust. :)

    ReplyDelete