Saturday, February 1, 2014

just because.

what am i listening to? "if i were a bell" from guys and dolls.
where am i? a coffee shop.
verse of the day? "and He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for My strength is made perfect in weakness." - 2 Cor. 12:9
what am i looking forward to? super bowl party tomorrow, two day trip to the west Wed/Th, starting two big new sewing projects next week, house warming party, rehearsals.
what am i loving? THE SECRET GARDEN. magic. magic. magic. I tear up every rehearsal because of the magic. officially my favorite show i've ever done. sorry, birdie.
mood today? tired but restful; thoughtful but lighthearted.
blessed by…? my daddy. i'm overwhelming blessed to have him for a daddy and a friend.
song of the week? "sitting in limbo" by jimmy cliff. story of my life, folks. but it's a happy place too - a happy, restful place.
something interesting to share? we finally found the switch that controls our heated bathroom floor after racking up our electric bill for january. discovered it's been set on 37* CELSIUS for over three weeks…that would explain why we have to do the volcano dance (hopping over lava pools) when we wake up the morning to take a shower…who wants to stand on an 80* hot spot??? Life in the new house is never dull.
photo(s) of the day? these random pictures of Ck from the fall….I just found them again and they make me smile so I'm sharing the love.








Sitting here in limbo
 / But I know it won't be long

Sitting here in limbo / Like a bird without a song

Well, they're
 / Putting up resistance

But I know that my faith / Will lead me on

Sitting here in limbo / Waiting for the dice to roll
Sitting here in limbo / Got some time to search my soul

Well, they're
 / Putting up resistance

But I know that my faith / Will lead me on

I don't know where life will lead me
 / But I know where I've been
I can't say what life will show me / But I know what I've seen

Tried my hand / At love and friendship

But all that is passed and gone
 / This little [girl] is moving on

Sitting here in limbo
 / Waiting for the tide to flow

Sitting here in limbo
 / Knowing that I have to go

Sitting in limbo, sitting in limbo / 
Sitting in limbo, sitting in limbo
Sitting in limbo, sitting here in limbo

from "sitting in limbo" by jimmy cliff. 

why this song? It may not be a Christian song, but this is where I am in life right now - sitting in limbo, waiting for the next step, but not discontent to be where I am. It's okay to be in-between for a period of time, as long as your trust is in the Right Place. So thankful and blessed to be resting in the One during my time "in limbo".

1 comment:

  1. I can very much relate to that song! Thanks for sharing. I just need to remind myself that limbo is still a place where God can and want to use me.

    ReplyDelete