Sunday, April 20, 2014

thankfulness {resurrection sunday}

Christos Anviat!
Christ is Risen!

I'm overwhelmed with thankfulness today - just basking in it. It should be Thanksgiving today. I guess every day is a "thanksgiving day" of sorts. Hm.

Anyway, obviously today I'm thankful for Jesus. I'm thankful that today we're not just celebrating His miraculous resurrection from the dead, but also *our* deliverance for the slavery of sin and burning torment of hell. It's a wonderful, humbling, thankfulness-inspiring thought.

On that note, I thought I'd share of the things I'm thankful for from the past ten days. Be ready, there's quite a few!

I'm Thankful For...
...the beautiful seventy-degree weather that greeted me when I arrived, as well as the snow that dusted everything last Sunday, and the return of the seventies (haha) this week. Gotta love Colorado weather!

...the way God has used every session I've heard, even before the semester started, to press me deeper into Him and reveal things in my life that I didn't even know were there.

...getting to spend my first week on campus sleeping in Grammie's room. Jesus knew I needed her! What a precious time.

...the grace given to stay on top of the homework *and* apply for a job for this next year at the same time.

...Jesus' faithfulness even when I was stupidly stressing and allowing fear to get in the way of trusting in His timing and will. Praise the Lord for the joy in my soul this weekend as I sheepishly saw my foolishness in light of His sovereignty.

...the way not being home for Passover and Resurrection Sunday has challenged me to focus on Jesus when my heart aches. This is part of growing up, and He's going to be with me even when I feel alone.

....Morgan and Carrie and the precious way that they are family to me. Spending Thursday night in their room with Janna, eating matzah and charoseth, drinking grape juice, and sharing stories about what's God's doing in our families was such a sweet way to pass an evening that could've been very hard for me.

...being able to sit with Morgan and Corbin and Carrie and Travis during worship today and "be family" for each other. So, so, so blessed by them all.

...the teachers and staff here at Ellerslie who press us into Jesus, and encourage us to push ourselves harder than we thought we even could - all without losing sight of our ultimate goal: to be conformed to the image of Christ.

....the birth of Mike and Christa's precious little girl the other night - oh, how I love celebrating new life!

...all the lovely reunions the past week as sisters and brothers in Christ from my summer semester arrive on campus, or come visit. It's beautiful to see that even after an eight-month separation, we're still just as close as we ever were.

...spending hours talking with dear people about their lives and how God's working and moving, and practical ways we can be preparing ourselves for whatever He calls us to next.

...watching the sun set over beautiful Ellerslie lake. It never, ever, EVER gets old.

...the memories that wash over me as I walk this campus. So many amazing life-changing moments have occurred here for me - it's such a joy to be back.

Just a little of what's been filling me with joy. The homework is intense - we're memorizing Scripture, reading Scripture and studying Scripture - but it's making us think, stretching our minds and enlarging our understanding. That's what homework is for, right?

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, 
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, 
rightly dividing the word of truth. - 2 Timothy 2:15

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord for giving Liza a Family in Colorado! I love hearing about what God is up to out there and in your heart. We miss you! Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete