Friday, May 2, 2014

{resting, resting}


It's the close of my third full week of classes, and I've been here almost a month. Today has been absolutely stunning - beautiful weather, the clearest, biggest blue skies I've seen in months, and a joy in my soul that is hard to express.

Several of the girls went out tonight to see a worship performance that some Ellerslie folks were in, and I wanted to go, but I felt a pressing on my soul to stay back and just be with Jesus. The campus is quiet, everything is peaceful, and I've spent the past several hours just resting in Him.


It's a beautiful thing, being able to rest in Jesus. "Come to me," says our Beloved, "all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

What a glorious mystery that the Creator of the Universe cares enough about my little life to step down and fill me with His rest! And it's not like He's thinking, "Great. She believed on me, so now I have to give her all that I promised." No! He *wants*, yea, even delights to give me all good things. I can't even wrap my human mind around it. It's a joy for Him.


This verse brings tears to my eyes. Oh, how sweet to meditate on the love of our Jesus!
“Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." {Luke 12:32}


I love how we are His sheep. We're dumb, not so great at following, and vulnerable to anything that wants to attack us. Yet, we have a Shepherd who keeps us close, comforts and corrects us with His rod and staff, and guards us as His own precious ones. What a blessing to be guarded and kept by the One Who has all power and all authority, and is Love Incarnate!

Just basking in Him...it never gets old.

Jesus! I am resting, resting
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
  Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For, by Thy transforming power,
  Thou hast made me whole.

Oh, how great Thy loving kindness,
Vaster, broader than the sea:
Oh, how marvelous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved,
Know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise,
  And have made it mine.

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
  Satisfies my heart,
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets, supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings,
  Thine is love indeed.

Ever lift Thy face upon me,
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting ’neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus,
  Earth’s dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father’s glory,
Sunshine of my Father’s face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting,
  Fill me with Thy grace.

Jesus! I am resting, resting
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
    Of Thy loving heart.

{all pictures taken this evening, by me, in front of my dorm. Is this real life??/}

0 little note(s):

Post a Comment