Tuesday, May 6, 2014

spiritual family

Once upon a time, seventy-odd people from all walks of life, all over the world, and a wide range of backgrounds, came together to one campus and spent an entire summer seeking Jesus together. We fought hard battles, struggled with sin, wrestled through correction, spent hours and hours on our knees and many sleepless nights in prayer. But we also rejoiced in the Victories, celebrated our sweet Savior, shared countless meals together, made some epic memories. We bonded in ways I never thought I ever could with people I had never met before. I was blessed to experience firsthand just what a family in Christ really looks like.

Right now, there are about twenty to twenty-one of us on or around campus on any given day. It's a joy I never really thought I'd get - to walk through another semester with these wonderful brothers and sisters and my Grammie Sharon. 

This picture was taken on Saturday at David and Nicole's wedding - it was kind of a spontaneous photo, just sort of happened and got really funny as people started running from all over to make sure we had everyone in :) So lovely that we have this captured!

missing John (somehow missed the picture) and Amzie (living in the area), Shannon (in the area), and Josh (with HLF), 
and Susan and Tash aren't actually in Advanced with us, but it was a good enough representation to grab a picture <3

This is my spiritual family. Each one of y'all is precious to me. And yes, our semester had its moments, yes, we went through a lot, but we're stronger because of it, and Jesus knew we needed each other and that summer to make us more dependent on Him, and He has and will continue to use it to conform us into His image. It's a joy to be your sister.

For real. *grin*

1 comment:

  1. What a joy it was to be together with all of you! Feeling very nostalgic for both the good and the challenging times we experienced together in our basic semester last summer. You have a truly special place in my heart. I love you all very much :) and I'm so proud of all of you for having continued on to do the advanced. Much love and blessings in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete