Monday, June 9, 2014

come away {with Jesus}

This past weekend, we hosted a simulcast of Leslie's annual Set Apart Girl conference here in South Carolina. It was a truly precious time of fellowship, encouragement, and seeking Jesus together. It was long and late every night (since everything is in MST, two hours behind us), but we truly saw God's grace given to us in greater measure. It was a sweet weekend - I'm excited to see what all will come out of it and how God will use the truth spoken to make us more like Himself in the days and weeks to come.



One of the boys commented, "When it said 'tea party' on the schedule, I thought y'all were just having tea or something." *grin*








guess who gave a concert? definitely a highlight :)


God really did a work in me this weekend as well, although not directly related to the conference. Saturday night, as I was praying through Psalm 119, this verse stood out, clear day, from the pages: "I know, O Lord, that your rules are righteous, and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me." The correction of the Lord can be painful at times, but I'm oh, so very thankful that He has opened my heart to discern when something is standing between Himself and me. And He is oh, so faithful to restore me to that closeness after repentance, and give me even greater peace and joy in Him than I ever felt possible.

My beloved speaks and says to me: “Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away, for behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree ripens its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away..." - Song of Solomon 2:10-13

1 comment: