Sunday, July 6, 2014

My Not-So-Baby Baby

Five years ago today, I watched with tears in my eyes and complete awe in my soul as my baby sister took her first breath and entered this world.


It's a day I will never forget. I knew, at age fourteen, that I was always going to be a grown-up to this little girl, but I wanted to have a sister relationship with her, without that canyon that large age gaps often create. That's why I wanted to be there when she was born - I wanted that bond with her that nothing can break.


She came into our world and has rocked it the core in so many wonderful ways. She adds such a sparkle, spunk and attitude to our lives. I have no idea what our household would be without her. Definitely less....exciting :) *chuckle* She is a character, a piece of work, a card, a ham, a handful, etc. etc. etc. and sometimes we don't know quite what to do with her...But she's OUR handful and we love the stuffing out her crazy little self!


She's a precious gift, a ray of light, an incredible blessing. 


Susannah, it's been five years today since I held you in that delivery room when you were only ten minutes old. Ever since that day, you've been my girl, and what a JOY you have been! I love you to the moon and back, and you'll forever be my Zanna Baby....even now that you're all grown up and five years old.


I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That's hard to believe. Happy belated birthday, Susannah!

    ReplyDelete