Friday, August 15, 2014

belated birthday wishes

One of my best friends had a birthday in June and I completely forgot.

Until today.

Which is surprising, considering how much he means to me. Every morning when I get up, he's there to greet me and warm me up from head to toe. He's gone with me all over the place - to Colorado (his home state, actually), South Carolina and Ohio. He carries my tea for me, and my coffee, and my kombucha, and my water, and on occasion, ice cream or soup. What would I do without him?

He's survived several plane flights, a train ride, and....wait for it....BEING USED BY OTHER PEOPLE. What a patient, long-suffering friend! But he's always so gracious and willing to be of service, even if it makes me jealous to let others benefit from his special talents.

Yes, I know you're shocked now. I missed his birthday.

But now I've remembered, and he's quick to forgive, so I'm not too worried about our friendship. It's not as fragile as it looks, folks.

So Happy Belated 1st Birthday to my beloved Mug!
- affectionately dubbed The Ellerslie Mug by my family, or my Idol by others -

Here's to many more years of friendship! You make my life a happier, cozier one! :)

p.s. I have no idea why my mug is a "he"....he just is. Ask him if you have a problem with it.

4 comments:

  1. Heehee, at first I had no idea who you were talking about. I wondered if you had a boyfriend or something. But yeah, now I understand... your lovely mug. Happy birthday mug. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, it's your Ellerslie mug! I remember that guy - tell him I say Happy Birthday! That's great. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, this is sounding pretty serious. I think it's time I meet this guy and give him the mafia relations threat I give to all my friend's suitors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, there's a reason you haven't met him yet....I wanted to make sure our relationship was strong enough not be shaken by the Italians *wink*

      Delete