Tuesday, September 23, 2014

{of Abba and buses and subway and love}


Everyday I'm in awe of what Jesus is doing. I've never felt more alive than I have the past few months, knowing the absolute solidity of my adoption as a daughter of the King and the love that my Abba Daddy has for me, and His grace in letting me help Him in His kingdom work - bringing heaven down. He's done so much for me...refreshing my spirit, empowering me to live this life, and revealing Himself in everything. Right now, just like pretty much every day since I arrived out here a month ago (has it been that long already!?), I'm just so thankful and beyond blessed by these four amazing teammates I've been given. Lord willing, I'll always feel this way about these wonderful brothers and sisters of mine *grin*


This past Saturday, we spent about five hours washing, waxing, and detailing the bus. I LOVE washing cars, but I'd never waxed before, so that was fun. We were in a huge empty semi-truck bay with some real-deal power washers and all kinds of fun ladders and brushes around. The wax smelled really good too...kind of like a pool deck...but not. I don't know. I liked it. My arms were a little sore after we buffed it, though...definitely not my usual set of muscles. *wry grin*

It was real team work, and a group effort to get the Barnabus and trailer ready for another tour. We worked straight through lunch, then went out to Subway before driving the bus home. I don't know about you and your circle of friends, but going out to fast food with these four honestly is a hilarious adventure *every single time*....and we've done it a few times in the past four weeks. *chuckle*



It's crazy...this love Jesus has given me. It's not from me, it flows *through* me. Compared to the way I loved people even just this past spring, I feel like the Grinch - you know, when his heart grows three sizes and pops the little gauge-thingy? That's how I feel. My heart is swelling, expanding, and my capacity to love is growing in leaps and bounds. There's room now to love those who are hard to love, and a strength to love the people and children who come into my life for short periods of time then have to leave, and an ability to truly, unselfishly love those who I already loved in the deep places of my soul, and the burning burden of carrying Abba's heart and love for the world. 

Truly, the Gospel is love. And I'm seeing that more clearly everyday - revealed in the words of Scripture, beautifully reflected in the eyes of the precious folks around me, and experienced as the Spirit walks me through each day.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” - John 13:35

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I love this. And I love you, Liza, and that awesome team of people you're with. :)

    ReplyDelete