Wednesday, January 28, 2015

life on tour // {that time we did san francisco}

Last Monday, the whole team went to San Francisco for a day trip.




 Essentially, we parked at Pier 38, rode the cable car to Nordstrom's, took everyone into the mall to use the restroom, got back on the cable car back to the pier, walked across the Golden Gate bridge, and left. Haha. But all that took us a few hours, and oh, the things we saw and the fun we had!


Alcatraz, the historic island prison, from the cable car...what a fascinating history that old jail has! I never really knew...


We walked from the Pier to the cable car stop, and got startled by that guy who sits around with tree branches in front of him and scares people. Hehe - that would be the most hilarious "job" ever. But probably not everyone appreciates it as much as we did...



Riding the cable car was definitely a highlight - we got to see so much of the city in such a neat way. With all the steep streets, it felt a little like a roller coaster!



These sweet smiles...what a privilege we have to love and serve them this year!

While the team was loading up to head towards the bridge, David, Zeli, Freddy, Ben, Josh and I ran over to the fish market to grab some seafood - because, why not?



Yummmmm! A taste of home. Different than South Carolina shrimp and crab, but still incredibly good. It was hard to share...*sheepish grin* Truth: it wasn't even mine. *guilty grin*


And then we began our walk across the Bridge - so worth it! And it's really not as long as you think it is. I mean, it sort of is...but you only are tired for a little bit in the middle when you realize you still haven't gotten to the second tower yet.... *wink*



It was such a perfect day to be out and about - Jesus knew what we needed, that's for sure. It was MLK Day, so the city wasn't very busy, and the weather was beautiful.


Something else super cool was we drove through El Presidio to get to the Bridge, and that's the military base where my Dad was born...a while ago. *wink* My life full circle! I guess I never thought I'd get to visit where he was born. I love family history, and it was pretty neat to think of how close I was to where my grandparents lived and where my life story basically began. *chuckle*


The crew! Everyday is such a beautiful adventure with this wonderful crew. I love that I'm blessed to experience so much of America for the first time with people I love so much - proclaiming a message that never gets old, and serving our King together. It's truly living: preaching the Creator, while enjoying to the fullest what He created for us for to savor and soak in. His Creation reflects His face and sings His praise! And even something like the Golden Gate Bridge, a work of man, is a testimony to the mind and creativity He has given to us. Such a fascinating thought. I love Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures. The weather looked perfect. When I was in SF last year I found the street where our apartment would have been located. - Me

    ReplyDelete