Monday, September 21, 2015

{ fall stylebook and life in general }


This shirt was one I saw, grabbed, and threw together with all the other clothes I was going to try on in the dressing room while I was out shopping one day. Didn't think much of it on the rack, but what could I lose? I LOVED it once it was on. It's super soft, hilarious in every way, and pretty much perfect. And get this, neither of my parents thought it was weird? So yes, win in every way.


It works great with jeans for everyday, but it pairs nicely with the maxi skirt and jacket, and yes, I wore it to church. *wink* I usually wear a blue tank underneath it, since the front does ride a little bit high and could be awkward. Better safe than sorry! 


The shirt is Red Camel from Belk, and the skirt is Liz Claiborne and one of my wardrobe staples. I wore it the last part of tour *all the time* and it was perfect for everything from Sunday mornings to travel days on the bus. Same old denim jacket from forever ago, and the necklace is the same one from last week. 


Right now I'm all cozied up in a big shawl-ish sweater on our back porch with chocolate chai tea and my brown socks on (cause they match my sweater...and we all know that life is that much more comfortable when one's outfit is perfectly coordinated) watching and listening to the rain. It's not a nasty rain that makes you feel yucky and bored, but the cozy kind.

I'm missing people right now, but hey, what's new. Jesus is more beautiful today than ever before, and I'm finding that being thankful changes achy-heart-syndrome into hopeful-heart-reality.

Oh, here's a song I stumbled across last night. I don't know why it speaks to me, exactly, but it does. It has that twinge of hope, mingled with the acknowledgment of the unknown. I've had it on repeat, haha, and since it's The Band Perry, I feel like I might be seventeen all over again. *wink*


To close, this verse got tossed around on our team group text this morning (which is still my favorite happy thing ever) and it made my heart smile. Just a precious, tender and powerful reminder of Who's Hands my life is in.
The Lord your God is in your midst,
    a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
    he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
- zephaniah 3:17
Have a beautiful day my friends, wherever you are! Jesus loves you, He delights in you, and He wants you to walk in His truth and light today.

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful! I'm loving these outfit posts -- they're almost like a throwback to the old movie quotes quiz days on Scraps. ;) Your heart is inspiring to me; you have such peace with God's will and sensitivity to His voice. I understand the homesickness for something that was -- I've been battling that lately here at school, though from the opposite angle. You're always in my prayers. <3 Jesus' plans are greater than ours! And He is so, so good.

    Love ya,
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete