Saturday, September 26, 2015

pioneer.

this is such a song of hope - and the pressing of my heart in this season I'm walking through. We are pioneers, sojourners, unafraid, walking forward in confidence into an unknown that does not daunt us. "Let your heart not be troubled." 

Oh, pioneer
I sing your song
It's the hymn of those who've gone before and those who carry on




Pioneer
Your work is hard
But the future of us all rests on the shoulders of your heart



Where are we going?
Oh, I don't know
But still I've got to go.
What will become of us?
Oh, I don't care...
All I know is, I'll go anywhere
Pioneer.



Oh pioneer
So young and brave
Be careful of the careful souls who doubt you along the way



Pioneer
You orphaned child
Your mother is adventure and your father is the wild



Where are we going?
Oh, I don't know
But still I've got to go.
What will become of us?
Oh, I don't care...
All I know is, I'll go anywhere
Pioneer.



Let your heart not be troubled... 




I won't run when bullets chase me
I won't rest where arms embrace me
I will love when people hate me
I won't hush, no you can't make me

Send the dark but it won't break me
You can try but you can't change me
Take my life, they will replace me
I won't hush, no you can't make me
I won't hush, no we will sing


Where are we going?

Oh, I don't know
But still I've got to go.
What will become of us?
Oh I don't care...
All I know is, I'll go anywhere
Pioneer.



Let your heart not be troubled...

- pioneer, the band perry

2 comments: