Sunday, January 17, 2016

{ winter style book : it snowed! }

Speaking honestly here, it's been a long, hard week. My friends, when Jesus starts expanding your heart, expect growing pains. Denying self, fighting flesh, and claiming peace in chaos are not easy things, but the reward is infinite and always worth it.


My outfit today is one that I was just laying in bed thinking about what to wear, this came to mind, and so I wore it. Those end up being some of my favorite pairs anyway, when I sort of strangely instinctively know what I'll be comfortable in on a given day.


This crochet top was part of my early fall closet purge/shopping trip. I basically went through all my clothes from high school, got rid of...most of them, and started over. The top was on clearance at TJ Maxx, and was sort of the first item I bought at the beginning of my freedom journey. That ended up being a pretty incredible week for me spiritually too...just stepping out into unknowns and making decisions without being afraid. Good stuff.


The skirt...this skirt is from tour. And it brings back so many memories every time I put it on. It's been all over the country, seen many a set up or a tear down...tearful faces and messy hands have been wiped dry on it, excited fingers have grabbed it and pulled it to go and see something cool, and it's seen many happy cuddles and comforts and playtimes after school. I love my tour clothes...they tell the stories of my kiddos and those are memories I treasure, and memories I miss.


I'm not sure if you all remember our itty bitty rescue kitten we found on the side of the road one night on our way home from a football game...but he's definitely not little or abandoned anymore. He's a big, fat orange cat with a mind of his own and while he's mellowed out some, this is rare moment of kindness. Oh, Simba...you remind me of the farm too, so I still love you, even when you bite me 'cause I love on you too much.

{once again, all pictures credit to the lovely Caroline}

Jesus is doing a big work in me right now. It feels like I'm walking through a bit of a fog, and every day there's something new to work through, but there's such peace in knowing the victory is already won. I don't have to strive for something that Jesus died to give me. It's my job to believe, to walk in faith, to trust Him completely.

And you know what? He always brings joy. Happiness is dependent on circumstances, Joy is a state of the heart. So even when it's hard, and life hurts, I can still be joyful. And every day, there is fresh mercy, fresh grace, fresh joy. {psalm 30:5 // lamentations 3:22-23 }

On a lovely, cheerful note: IT SNOWED! Not for very long, but long enough to make our trees and bushes pretty for a few hours before the sun came out and melted it all. I love snow...winter has finally arrived! <3

// The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies they never come to an end
They are new every morning, new every morning
Great is Thy faithfulness, O Lord
Great is Thy faithfulness \\

1 comment:

  1. Love the outfit - you look beautiful! Enjoy the snow! I'll be praying for you as you walk forward in trust during this season. Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete