Monday, August 30, 2010

crazy 8's tag from shaynie


This is one marvelously fun tag from Shaynie! I'm so glad she tagged me with it! 


I have a habit of putting little comments or explanations after my answers on tags....sorry if that bothers you :)

8 Books I've Read Recently...
  1. Out to Canaan
  2. The Obstinate Land
  3. Rifles for Watie (I've said it before and I'll say it again: THIS IS A TERRIFIC BOOK!!!! READ IT!!!!)
  4. To Kill a Mockingbird (for school, so I only get to read three chapters A WEEK! TORTURE!!!)
  5. The Spirit of St. Louis (see note above)
  6. HSLDA magazine
  7. My old journals (had to leave this up, Shaynie! I'm *constantly* re-reading my old journals :D)
  8. Home Comforts (gotta love this!)
Oh, do know that I read the Bible everyday for devotions, but I assumed that this tag was asking about "book" books, and the Bible is a given. :)

8 Songs or Albums I Listen to All the Time...
  1. The Princess Bride soundtrack (everyday Leia and I put it on on our school laptop upstairs. Both of us seem to work better with music softly playing, and this is beautiful)
  2. Little Old Lady from Pasadena
  3. The Phantom of the Opera (has anyone seen any great versions of this one stage or screen?)
  4. Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack
  5. Golliwog's Cakewalk :)
  6. Beethoven!!!! I really want to learn his "Pathetique" piano sonata
  7. The Sound of Music soundtrack (you can tell I love soundtracks)
  8. any music by Fernando Ortega
8 Things I Love...
Other than my Savior..... :)
  1. PIANO!!!! Playing, listening, group class, recitals, festivals, ANYTHING that has to do with that wonderful instrument :)
  2. being with friends
  3. buying fabric and creating something with it (when I have the time and *cough* money :D)
  4. singing along to my favorite music
  5. reading!
  6. cooking and baking yummy things in the kitchen
  7. being with friends (yeah, I know I already said that, but it can't hurt to repeat :D)

8 Things I've Learned This Year...
  1. Green Mt. blocks most rain from our little section of land...north and south of us get rain, but we don't.
  2. highschool is a full-time job
  3. growing up gets better everyday!
  4. driving a car is really scary and really fun at the same time :)
  5. watching babies learn to walk is the sweetest thing ever!
  6. "If Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy." extends to "If Mama and oldest sister ain't happy ain't nobody happy." My attitude is crucial.
  7. alfredo sauce is good on anything. ANYTHING.
  8. how to read the Periodic Table of Elements (cool stuff!)

8 New Recipes I Want to Try and Make by the End of the Year...
  1. falafel
  2. a successful pound cake (Mama can do it, but for some reason, pound cake is the one thing I cannot do. Going to change that.)
I have no idea what the other six would be! I've tried a lot of stuff already and I'm constantly improvising things that I don't really have a list of recipes to try :)

8 Favorite Online Hangouts...
  1. Blogger
  2. Gmail
  3. eBay or Amazon
  4. Gorby Writing (seriously!)
  5. Barnes and Noble
  6. Simplicity.com
  7. Shabby Blogs :)
  8. Google or Swagbucks

8 Projects I Need To Work On...
  1. RESPONDING TO EMAILS AND BLOG COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!
  2. responding to letters
  3. fne tuning on several costumes
  4. my piano piece *gulp*
  5. actually *writing* in my journal, not just staring at it :)
  6. writing the screenplay for a book I LOVE!!! (and I don't trust anyone else to write the screenplay except yours truly :P Who knows? Maybe someone'll actually make it :P)
  7. cleaning off our family computer desktop (can't even see the background anymore)
  8. RSVP to a friend's party (which is in about a week)
8 Other People I Think Should Do This...
  1. Nana
  2. Anna
  3. Emily :)
  4. Gab and Vivi
  5. Farmgirl
  6. Lizzy Rose
  7. Quinlyn
  8. India





p.s. Hipy Papy 16th Bthuthdth Thuthda Bthuthdy Eldarwen!!!! Love you :)

14 comments:

  1. haha! Yeah, I reread my old journals CONSTANTLY!!! I mean like a few times a week. Strange thing is I never get tired of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol,lets see if I can fill them all!! Thanks for the tag and becoming a follower! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I love your tag...may I use it on my blog?

    Had to reply to your question...Phantom is my favorite musical! I don't know if you've seen the film...I personally don't care for it, it's very dark and has some inappropriate elements that were added to it. There are tons of "bootlegs" (where people record with home cameras or whatever) of stage performances on YouTube...my personal favorite is the 1991 Los Angeles performance with Michael Crawford.

    I'm having a Phantom week at my blog in October...I'd love for you to drop by and visit! I read your blog often, but I believe this may be the first time I've commented. You've got a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the comments and explanations on your answers!

    Ok...I'll try to get this tag done. It looks fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a comment saying I finished your tag today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually read "Just David" once before this will be my second time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thanks for the tag. I'll try to post it this afternoon. That is TRY;)

    I love the the comments/explanations...actually, now that I think about it, I do the same thing.

    Rifles for Watie? Never heard of it...I will say the name isn't very promising though:D

    KK read TKM last summer and really enjoyed it.

    Did you know the lady who took pictures for us at graduation (you know their name but I don't know if they would like it posted here)? Mr _______ is an attorney for HSLDA.

    Glad to know I'm not the only one who listens to music while I work. Actually, I think it helps me work better. And since we are all in the same room it helps block out the noise:)

    I actually just bought some fabric today. First time in forever.

    What book are you writing a screen play for? I know we "talked" about this before, but I do the exact same thing:) But I enjoy casting more then the screenplay.

    Love ya!

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shaynie - Neither do I! Always something new :)

    Farmgirl - You're welcome!

    Alexandra - Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out :)"Bootlegs"...that's a great word :P

    Nana - Rifles for Watie is a Yankee book....that should sell it for ya! It's REALLY good! And it just so happens to be the book that I'm writing the screenplay for :) Once you read it, you'll understand the name and how much it DOESN'T give away about the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOLD!:D Btw, yesterday Emma was reading a book about *gasp* Robert E. Lee! But she said it was from a Yankee perspective so we forgave her:) Oh, and there was this picture in Emma's spelling/vocabulary/poetry book of a (typical) cadet holding an Confederate flag. To remedy the situation we drew an US flag and pasted it on top:) It was a poem about Barbra Fritchy (sp?), which, of course, is in the YANKEE favor:) Just had to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for tagging me:) I'll try to get it up soon:)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you learned Golliwog's Cake Walk? I am, and it is taking *forever*. Maybe that's because I haven't worked on it much this summer.

    About big sisters being happy, you are right on about their effect on the rest of the family. I've been thinking about that a lot lately.

    Polly

    ReplyDelete