Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Saturday Morning Daybook


If you want to join me, CLICK HERE and follow the instructions :)

Date... September 18, 2010
Starting time... 8:41am
Mood...very happy :)
Outside my window...the lovely fall weather....September is usually hot down here, but this year has been lovely!
I'm thinking...I really liked the movie we saw last night :)
I'm currently reading...To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I'm listening to...Dad frying "custom" eggs in the big ole black iron skillet and Leia practicing "Stars and Butterflies" on the piano
I'm wearing...a denim skirt, my pink camisole layered with my brown Cherokee v-neck (yeah, I wear this outfit a lot)
I'm looking forward to...going to Gracie's 5th birthday party this afternoon!
I'm hoping...that the little cut on the bottom of my foot will heal up quick (Leia would tell me serves me right for running the trail around the property three times barefoot :P)
Yesterday, I...watched one of the best, sweetest, funniest movies I have EVER seen: Yankee Doodle Dandy, released in 1942, starring James Cagney. It's the story of George M. Cohan, who wrote "Yankee Doodle Dandy", "You're a Grand Old Flag" and "Over There" (which was stuck in my head last I did this Daybook)
I'm hungry for...nothing, since I just ate a delicious scrambled egg with green peppers, tomatoes and onions that Dad made for me
The song stuck inside my head is..."I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy, a Yankee Doodle do or die...." :)
I love...old movies :)
I loathe..."morning mouth"
This week, my goal is...to finish all my Spanish homework BEFORE Wednesday, to keep on top of my writing (so far so good) and drive at least an hour!
Did I meet last week's goal?...I don't remember :P
Ending time...8:56am (probably the longest time it's ever taken me)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe one morning I'll do this! :)
    I'll have to look up that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I missed Gracie's birthday party. :(

    And I wear the same outfits a lot. I kinda comes in phases where I'll like a certain outfit, and then like another...and I'll wear them a whole lot in the time that I really like them. :)

    ReplyDelete