Monday, October 25, 2010

Movie Quotes Quiz #12

It's finally here! 
My birthday, this blog's 1st anniversary and Movie Quotes Quiz #12!!!!

This has been an amazing year, thanks to all my 113 followers for making it so special and exciting! Let's see...since starting this blog I have:

1. Met FIVE of my blogging friends: Nana, KK, Rachel, Sarah and Charity
2. Gone from 0 to 113 followers!
3. Hosted 11 (almost 12!) quotes quizzes
4. "Met" so many sweet, godly, like-minded girls

And so much more than I can't list it all here!

Y'all probably know a lot about me at this point, and you've probably caught that I like to watch movies a little bit. While I know that there are many other more valuable ways to spend my time (and I do limit myself *a lot*) I do enjoy cuddling up on the sofa to watch a good movie. I've done movie reviews on this blog, posted about movies I've watched recently and I update the movie list on my profile pretty often. With that in mind, here's a test of your knowledge of Jo:




There are 16 quotes to guess ('cause I am sixteen today), and keep in mind that these are my favorite quotes from my favorite movies, not just ones that I'm trying to stump you with. Of course, the rules stay the same.

The Rules:
1. Don't look any of the quotes up on the internet, or any other "looking-up" device.
2. Submit your answers in a comment on this post. You may submit as many comments as you need to, depending on when you remember the different quotes.
3. You score one point for every correct answer you submit -that's telling me what movie the quote is from- and you can also earn an extra point by telling me who said the quote!
4. You MAY ask immediate family members (parents, siblings, pets, etc.) for help and you MAY watch a movie again to see if one of the quotes is in it (of course, that'd probably be a waste of time, but whatever :P

And now for the quotes....are you ready???

#1. "As I always say, 'If it's not "baroque", don't fix it!'"

#2. "Please [name], send me a telegram. I'll start it for you: 'Dear [name]...'"

"Dear [name], I'd like to tell you how I feel about you. Stop. Unfortunately, this wire is already too expensive. Sincerely, [name]."

#3. "He's my brother."

#4. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch the name. Would you mind spraying it again?"

#5. "Can you move at all?"
"Move?! You're alive! If you want I can fly!"

#6. "It's like America, but SOUTH!"

#7. "Cheaters never prosper, [name]!"

#8. "When did [name] leave?"
"Late - I-I mean early."

#9. "My grandpa said, 'Go out and tell 'em a joke - but give it plenty o' hoke!'"

#10. "...strength from God - and from you."

#11. "If you'll - just follow me."
"To the ends of the earth!"

#12. "You were the boy who took my hair ribbons and dipped my braids in ink!"

#13. "What's goin' on - buddy?"

#14. "[name], I've been thinking...."
"A dangerous pastime - "
"I know."

#15. "I knew there was more to you than money!"

#16. "[name] says when she grows up, she wants to have a line of beaus on a string and make them crazy for her. I'd rather have ONE in his rightful mind."


A few hard, most easy, one that I know NONE of y'all will get....it's all in there :)

NOTE: This quiz ends on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31st



And the promo button:




Be sure to link the button to this post if you put it in your sidebar.


Oh, how do y'all like the new design? It may be modified over the coming months, but it's certainly a new start!


5 comments:

  1. This looks so fun!!!! Oh, and we're completely just guessing on some of them, so you know, if we're completely off.......well, who cares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hipy Papy Bthtuthdu Thtuthdu Bthuthdy, Jo! :)

    Love ya!

    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I just LOVE your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I forgot to say good going on the new header and buttons...very nicely done:)

    ReplyDelete