Friday, November 26, 2010

Changes Overnight

Yesterday was Thanksgiving.

We had wonderful feast with our cousins, played Apples to Apples as one big crowd (13 children, 4 adults) before the younger ones went to bed, and then us older children and and the adults played Bananagrams (thanks Nana :D) and Scattergories until late.

Because "the cousins" spent the night, us girls got displaced from our large room to sleep in the school room (cousin Twirly joined us for a girl cousin sleepover :D). Around three in the morning, I woke up and could not go back to sleep.

I just lay there. Thinking.

Thinking.

3:10.

Thinking.

3:20.

Thinking.

3:30.

"Good grief! I have to DO something!"

So I rolled off the couch and tiptoed over the CD player/radio and moved it closer. I turned up the volume very slowly and held my breath.

"...all I want for Christmas is you!....."

HOORAH!!!!!

*Finally* Christmas season has arrived!

I turned the volume all the way down, crawled back under the quilt and tried to go back to sleep, thinking about all the great Christmas songs from last year.

3:40. "I'll be home for Christmas...."

3:45. "I still want a HOOLAHOOP...."

3:50. "Christmas bells, those Christmas bells, ringin' through the land...."

4:00. zzzzzzzz


This morning, I finished a new Christmas design for Scraps and uploaded it to my test blog. I showed it to Mama and she thought it was great. I did too. Then I had to debate with myself:

"Do I wait until December 1st to put it up?"
"Of course! It's still Thanksgiving season!"
"But I'm thinking about Christmas right now. I can't help it. Do you want me to deceive my blog followers?"
"No....."
"Then the design goes up!"
"Wait till December."


Can you guess who won? Red or Green?

8 comments:

  1. I am on team RED!!!!!! Love the new design!

    (Just in case you didn't know, I still want a hoolahoop also.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You played Apples to Apples?! We did, too! Wow--that's neat. :)

    I'm glad you put the Christmas design up--after Thanksgiving, all of my thoughts are Christmas-centered. :)

    Love in Him,
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it! Looks so Christmasy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fun! We played Bananagrams and scattagories last night too!
    I love your background, and as to wether it was to early or not, our tradition is to start the Christmas music on or the day after Thanksgiving, unless someone gets to it sooner!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm voting for RED! The design looks wonderful! I put up my Christmas design too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new design! i'm with red. haha. I just love how much you love xmas music!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scattergories, Bananagrams and Apples to Apples seem to be popular after-Thanksgiving games! How fun that we were doing the same thing at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry...no bananagrams, apples to apples, or scattagories on our end:) Our gangs played Pit (the adults) and Taboo (the teens/kids). Glad you are enjoying the Bananagrams! That's one of our all time favorite games.

    ReplyDelete