Monday, November 1, 2010

Movie Quotes Quiz #12 Answers

Well, the answers are in! The competition was hard and close this time, with record participation! Y'all did really well, there were definitely some tricky ones and I'm sure more than a few of you will be slapping your foreheads when you read the answers. :D
There was one quote that caused some confusion. I had a feeling it would, being so short. I did have one particular movie in mind, though, and since it was a collection of my favorite quotes, I only counted those who guessed the movie I was thinking of. Just clarifying. Oh, and the quote was #3.

Now for the answers!

#1. "As I always say, 'If it's not "baroque", don't fix it!'"
Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast
People who got it right: Trini*, Polly*, Sarah*, Nana*, Miss Raquel, Rachel*, Titty*, Felicity*, Leia*

#2. "Please [name], send me a telegram! I'll start it for you: 'Dear [name]...'"

"Dear [name], I'd like to tell you how I feel about you. Stop. Unfortunately, this wire is already too expensive. Sincerely, [name]."
Liesel and Rolf in The Sound of Music

People who got it right: Bree*, Elizabeth Rose*, Polly*, Sarah*, Gab and Vivi*, Hannah, Queen Lucy*, Stephanie*, Nana*, Miss Raquel*, Farmgirl, Rachel*, Emily Grace*, Titty*, Felicity*, Leia*

#3. "He's my brother."
Leia in Star Wars VI: The Return of the Jedi

People who got it right: Miss Raquel*, Titty*, Felicity*, Leia*

#4. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch the name. Would you mind spraying it again?"
George Cohan in Yankee Doodle Dandy

People who got it right: Titty*, Felicity*, Leia*

#5. "Can you move at all?"
"Move?! You're alive! If you want I can fly!"
Westley and Buttercupe in The Princess Bride

People who got it right: Bree*, Trini*, Elizabeth Rose*, Polly*, Hannah*, Stephanie*, Miss Raquel*, Titty*, Leia*

#6. "It's like America, but SOUTH!"
Ellie in Up

People who got it right: Sarah*, Gab and Vivi*, Hannah, Rachel*, Felicity, Leia*

#7. "Cheaters never prosper, [name]!"
Gilbert in Anne of Avonlea (or Anne the Sequel)

People who got it right: Sarah, Rachel*, Emily Grace*, Leia*

#8. "When did [name] leave?"
"Late - I-I mean early."
William Wilberforce and his cousin in Amazing Grace

People who got it right: Sarah*, Queen Lucy*, Farmgirl, Rachel*, Titty*, Leia

#9. "My grandpa said, 'Go out and tell 'em a joke - but give it plenty o' hoke!'"
Cosmo in Singin' in the Rain

People who got it right: Trini*, Polly*, Gab and Vivi*, Nana*, Farmgirl, Rachel, Titty*, Felicity*, Leia*

#10. "...strength from God - and from you."
Mary in The Nativity Story

People who got it right: Leia*

#11. "If you'll - just follow me."
"To the ends of the earth!"
Caleb and Ruth in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

People who got it right: Trini*, Gab and Vivi*, Stephanie, Nana, Miss Raquel*, Farmgirl, Titty*, Felicity, Leia*

#12. "You were the boy who took my hair ribbons and dipped my braids in ink!"
Missie (to Nate/Willie) in Love's Enduring Promise

People who got it right: Trini*, Elizabeth Rose*, Polly*, Sarah*, Hannah*, Quinlyn*, Stephanie*, Miss Raquel*, Rachel*, Titty*, Felicity*, Leia*

#13. "What's goin' on - buddy?"
Han Solo in Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back

People who got it right: Leia* (I can't believe only Leia got this quote!!?! It could very well be my favorite quote ever!)

#14. "[name], I've been thinking...."
"A dangerous pastime - "
"I know."
Gaston and LeFou in Beauty and the Beast

People who got it right: Trini*, Stephanie*, Polly*, Sarah*, Nana*, Rachel*, Leia*

#15. "I knew there was more to you than money!"
Leia (to Han) in Star War IV: A New Hope

People who got it right: Trini*, Miss Raquel*, Leia*

#16. "[name] says when she grows up, she wants to have a line of beaus on a string and make them crazy for her. I'd rather have ONE in his rightful mind."
Anne in Anne of Green Gables

People who got it right: Elizabeth Rose*, Polly*, Sarah*, Hannah*, Stephanie*, Nana*, Miss Raquel*, Farmgirl, Rachel*, Emily Grace*, Titty, Felicity, Leia*



Stephanie: 2
Quinlyn: 2
Bree: 4
Queen Lucy: 4
Farmgirl: 5
Emily Grace: 6
Elizabeth Rose: 8
Gab and Vivi: 8
Stephanie (TKB): 8
Hannah: 8
Nana: 11
Trini: 14
Polly: 14
Sarah: 15
Miss Raquel: 15
Marie/Felicity: 16
Rachel: 17
Titty: 19
Leia: 31


So, the winner is really Leia, but she specifically asked that her entry not count as an entry, and since Titty is also my sister, I'm going to give the award to:


Rachel AND Titty!

Y'all did a terrific job! This was a very fun quiz to do, even though pretty much NOBODY got the SW quotes :P Not that that matters....

Anyway, here's the award for the winners:


And the award for all the participants:


Thank you everyone for entering!!!


The winner of the giveaway will be drawn tonight and will be announced tomorrow. I'm also uploading pictures today, so my birthday week posts will start churning out ASAP :D Life is finally slowing down enough for me to catch up :)

Blessings and Happy Day-Before-Independence-Day!!! (:P)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Rachel and Titty! I was so excited to see that I had guessed #12 right--I wasn't sure if that was the answer, but I figured I couldn't lose anything by guessing. And I was right!

    Can't wait to see who wins, Jo! It's getting so close...!

    In Him,
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Titty and Rachel!!! Ah, you were right, Lizzy...I knew I had heard that somewhere but was thinking Anne *sheepish smiles*:)

    Love you!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Loves enduring promise." I knew that I knew that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jo! Great job Titty and Rachel! :)
    Oh! Rachel says she says thanks! :)
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete