Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Song of Thanksgiving #11 & #10

Ho hum...towards the end of the countdown here, I have to decide which things to post in which order and not to leave anything out. Hard stuff, since there are so many things to be thankful for!

Today, I'm thankful for homeschooling and for current events. Yes, I realize that the last one is a little odd, but I'll explain. :D

First of all: homeschooling. If you're homeschooled, you have to agree that it is the best thing EVER! Well, if you were expelled and are currently doing your school at home I'll give you an exception, but for the *rest* of us.... :P

Anyway. I feel very blest to be homeschooled! My parents can give me the exact education that works for me, the peer pressure of school is non-existent and you can get your school done pretty early....well, *used* to. I'm now putting in a full seven hours of schoolwork a day but STILL....that's it, no homework since it's all homework :P

I wouldn't be the girl I am today if it wasn't for homeschooling, I can tell you that! Mama has been homeschooling for....ten years now and she could probably tell you that even though it hasn't been the easiest thing in the world, it's worth it. I certainly think so!

Now for "current events":

Have you realized what an EXCITING age we live in??? Yes, there are some scary and depressing things going on, but then, there always have been. But there is so much POWER in our time, and so much we can do!

Honestly, I'm loving politics right now. Yes, Obama is doing his best to mess up the country, but if you've been listening to Limbaugh or Hannity or any of those other Conservative folks, the exciting thing is that American people are fighting back! I love this sort of thing! (thanks for the gene, Dad :P)

On the scientific side, aren't the pictures of Mars neat? We get the God's World News publications as well as World magazine, and the science of our time is truly spectacular. Also, so many more and more evolutionists are "discovering" things about our world that seem to disprove evolution...but we'd already figured them out :D Or how about global warming? God's sense of humor has really kicked in during some of these GW rallies when He dumps snow on them :P

So, I'm thankful for the way I'm receiving my education, as well as the age in which I live. How about you? What do you love about homeschooling and the 21st century?

4 comments:

  1. Hurray for homeschooling! What do I love about it? Absolutely everything.

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely, on both of the topics. We are so blessed to be able to homeschool. I could go on and on about all the benefits of homeschooling. And current events? Well, all I can say is that it's so wonderful to see the American people standing up for the truth!

    Love in Him,
    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jesus for homeschooling! I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn without the distraction. Well, you heard a whole speech on that I believe:)

    As for current events: AMEN! It's about time someone stopped complaining about current events and started being grateful! I mean, just think of the technology we have! Being a tech girl, maybe I'm a little biased but think of it! We have the technology to reach the entire world with the gospel!!!! I love living in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm using World magazine for current events in my homeschooling right now!

    ReplyDelete