Wednesday, December 15, 2010

another holiday video


The Twelve Days of Christmas
Straight No Chaser

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 
a partridge in a pear tree. 
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 
two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree. 
On the fourth day of Christ-- 
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 
five golden rings, four calling birds, three french hens, 
two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree 

On the ninth day of Christmas, On the eighth day of Christmas 
my true love gave to me my true love gave to me 
9 ladies dancing 8 maids a milking 
8 maids a milking 7 swans a swimming 
7 swans a swimming 6 geese a laying 
6 geese a laying 5--- 
Better not shout, you better not cry, you better not-- in a pear tree 

On the ninth-- NO! 
On the eighth-- NO! 

On the seventh day of Christmas deck the halls 
my true love gave to me with boughs of holly 
7 swans a swimming here we come a wassailing 
6 geese a laying among the leaves so--- 
5 golden rings Faaa-laaa-la-la-la 
4 calling birds 
3 french hens 
2 turtle doves here we come a wassailing 
The boar's head in hand bear I among the leaves so green 
Bedeck'd with bays 

and partridge in a pear tree 

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me 
11 pipers piping (ding) 
10 lords a leaping (dong) 
9 ladies dancing (ding) 
8 maids a milking (dong) 
7 swans a swimming (ding) 
6 geese a laying (dong) 

5 golden rings 
4 calling birds 
3 french hens 
2 turtle doves 
and--rudolph the red nosed reindeer! 

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me-- 

I have a little dreidel, I made it out of clay, and when it's dry and ready, my dreidel I shall play 
Oh dreidel....dreidel....dreidel..................(sorry) 

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me-- 

doo doo do do doot dooooooo-(do de do de do de do de do de) 
doo doo do do doot dooooooo-(do de do de do de do de do de) 

On the twelfth day my true love gave to me 
12 drummers drumming like olympus upon the serengeti 
11 pipers piping, 10 lords a leaping 

9 ladies dancing they were dancing for meeee 
8 maids a milking they were milking just for me 

I had Christmas down in Africa 
I had Christmas down in Africa 
I had Christmas down in Africa (5 golden rings) 
I had Christmas down in Africa (5 golden rings) 
I had Christmas down in Africa (5 golden rings) 
Couldn't deck the halls with the things we never had 

doo doo do do doot dooooooo-(do de do de do de do de do de) 
doo doo do do doot dooooooo-(do de do de do de do de do de) 
partridge in a big pear tree-(do de do de do de do de do de) 
partridge in a big pear tree


Aren't these guys hilarious?!?!?! Here in our town, someone requested that the radio station play this song. No one had really heard of them, but now our station and so many of the folks here in town are crazy about this band! We (with Dad) looked up a few more of their videos, and even though this one isn't about Christmas, I laughed till I cried. 
Here is Straight No Chaser's "Lion Sleeps Tonight":



I hope this brightened your day as much as it does mine whenever I see it :D When I was very small, my dad used to sing "Brown-Eyed Girl" to me (the chorus mostly) so the little bridge that they put into Lion Sleeps (the "shalalala" part) brought back some wonderful memories :D 

Love y'all bunches and have a wonderful Wednesday evening!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I've seen those.
    On the Lion Sleeps Tonight one, we have the CD (I'm not sure if it's by them...) but we always used to listen to that song while we were at the beach....it became a tradition. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Straight No Chaser! I love their music,especially '12 Days of Christmas'. The 'Christmas Can-Can is also really good.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really funny that you posted this. Just a couple of days ago, my family heard them on the radio and also looked up some of their songs. They are so funny!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of those videos! They've got some real (hilarious) talent. My brother just showed us those videos last night, so I laughed when I saw that you posted them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE Straight No Chaser!!! Both their CDs are play non-stop around here:) The 12 Days of Christmas is probably my favorite of theirs. Have you heard The Christmas Can-can? It. Is. HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. {Everyone} - How funny that so many of y'all have heard of Straight No Chaser before!!! And Grace, we were probably listening to the same station :D
    It's a little late for us to ask for the CDs for Christmas, I wish we'd known about them sooner!!! I may just have to buy them myself :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. These guys are absolutely nuts!
    You should look up their song "Any Dream Will Do". The song is from Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. (A great soundtrack by the way);}
    Love Y'all!
    KK

    ReplyDelete