Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Christmas Tag!

I haven't done a Christmas tag in....a year, just about :D This one is from my dear friend Nana, who tagged all of her followers :D


1. What is your one favorite dish to see on the table at Christmas dinner?
Hmm....well, all those lovely pies all lined up for us to dig into are a beautiful sight :) 
2. Do you have a Nativity scene or a creche? 
Do we have *a* Nativity scene??? How about seven? or more? :) We have lots of Nativity scenes around the house! My favorite one is the very fragile china one in the sunroom - except that the Mary is blond haired and blue eyed. :) 

3. What is your favorite Christmas movie? 
Unlike Nana, I've only seen a handful of Christmas movies. My absolute favorite one is "It's a Wonderful Life", closely followed by "The Nativity Story". I do love Rudolph, Frosty and the Grinch...and that's just about all I've seen. :D 

4. If you and your family could spend this Christmas in another country, where would you go? 
For Christmas? Umm....maybe Austria or Switzerland. 

5. Does your grandmother usually knit you something for Christmas, or does she give you something different -- say, a Wii? 
Neither of my grandmothers knit, so no to the first part of the question. One of my grandmothers finds us lots of unusual things for Christmas and birthdays, the other grandmother is a little more traditional but still finds some fun stuff for Christmas :D Neither of them have given us a Wii though *grin* 

6. Have you ever gone out of the house wearing a reindeer headband? What about a Santa hat?
Both, actually! But that was a very long time ago *chuckle* 

7.  Do you usually make or buy your Christmas gifts? 
This year I purchased all my gifts, but I have made things in the past. It really depends on my resources at the time :) Can't buy something with nothin' :P 

8. When do you set up your Christmas decorations? 
We normally set up our decorations on the weekend after Thanksgiving and draw it out all the next week. When we moved out here to the farm, we stopped putting up lights, so that's a lot less work we have to do :) 

9. What kind of activities does your church usually have at Christmas? 
The music director at our church is our piano teacher as well and she's put together some kind of Christmas program each year. This past year was huge and went off really, really well! 

10. Did you ever believe in Santa Claus as a child? 
You should see the post I'm about to put up *sheepish grin* 

11. Which of the Gospels gives your favorite account of the Christmas story?
I've memorized Luke's account, as well as the story of the magi from Matthew, so either of those are probably my favorite. 

12. Have you ever acted in a Christmas pageant? 
This could be a post too...let's just leave it at I've acted in a Christmas-themed play - and made quite a few memories that I'm never going to forget :P 

13. Do you buy Christmas presents for your pets? 
Of course! Every year...we spoil them rotten :P 

14. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Maybe bumping down the stairs on Christmas morning....another post :P LOL.



I tag....everyone who has had their picture taken with Santa Claus at one point in their life :P

5 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only person is annoyed by Mary being light skinned and haired. She was a Jew for Crying out loud! Actually, there are only two portrayals of Mary that I like: One is the girl in The Nativity (she did a fantastic job) and on this picture I saw somewhere but for the life of me can't remember where:)

    Love ya (and sorry to hear you're mad about the AIWFCIS thing *wink,wink*:D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. {Nana} - How could I ever be *mad* at y'all?? *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE It's A Wonderful Life!! We watch it every year on Christmas Eve and it never gets old. :) The Nativity Story is my second favorite, especially since it is portrayed so well. The actors they chose are brilliant. :)

    Every year on Christmas morning we're not allowed to go downstairs until 8 A.M., and normally later than that. We stay in our bedrooms until 8, opening stockings and talking. I usually plan to write out a very long journal entry during that time. :) At 8 (normally 8:15 :), we are allowed to come downstairs to see the tree. When I was little, the clock seemed to go *so* slowly on Christmas morning, when I was eager to see the tree, but now it seems to almost go *too* fast! :) After we all come downstairs, we "sort out" the presents and open them slowly, one at a time, going from youngest to oldest. It takes longer that way, and it helps to kind of spread it out.

    Anyway, that's one of our traditions. What do you and your family do on Christmas Day?

    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you watched White Christmas? You have to!!

    And NOW I remember you guys told us about the bumping downstairs...funny. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. {Elizabeth Rose} - That sounds so much like our own traditions!!! How neat! We "sort out" our gifts too, that way the time just doesn't wiz by and everyone gets to celebrate with everyone else.

    {Gab} - I'm sure we've told you before :) Knowing me, probably twice :P

    ReplyDelete