Tuesday, December 21, 2010

what I like about Christmas - two points



{1} the joy
I love the feeling in the air at Christmastime. The mercy, the love, the generosity. The Salvation Army bell ringers, the toy lift, the food bank, etc. Even non-Christians feel the joy of Christmas, they act it out, they participate - without exactly knowing why. :)

{2} the music
I love Christmas music! The radio is going full blast all day around here, we've probably every song they play by now. Here's my 2010 list of favorite Christmas songs that I've heard on the radio this year:

favorites:
1. Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano (somethings never change :D)
2. 12 Days of Christmas - SNC
3. O Holy Night - Josh Groban
4. Silent Night - Susan Boyle
5. Mele Kalikimaka - Jimmy Buffet
6. The Gift - Aselin Debison
7. Grown-Up Christmas List - Amy Grant
8. Christmas Eve Sarajevo - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
9. Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives
10. All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
11. Christmas Must Be Something More - Taylor Swift
12. Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley
13. Snoopy's Christmas - Royal Guardsman

....and the list goes on! I could just sit here and add songs and add songs.... :D My playlist has a good 42 songs for y'all to enjoy, so let that give you a bigger idea :D

....more points to come tomorrow!!! I'm out of time tonight :)

7 comments:

  1. wait...you actually like Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You"? That song has been a thorn in my side for many a year!! I may have to disown you!! ;}
    Love,
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on pretty much all but 7 (prefer Clay Akin's) 10 and 12 (sorry, but I can't stand Elvis!)

    Have you hear a song called, "Light a Single Candle" aka "Christmas Tea"? The music is by Jim Brickman and the lyrics by this lady who's radio show we listen to every night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. {KK and Nan} - both of y'all don't like #10!?! :D To be honest, I don't particular care for the words 100%, but it has a great beat. My *all time* favorite version of this song is by Rhema Marvanne. Look it up on YT...it's adorable! (she's seven)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo March,

    I agree with you as to 2 great reasons to love Christmas. However, I can not believe you like "All I want for Christmas is you!" That is the dumbest song! Oh, the pity of it. Otherwise, I agree our radio plays day in and day out. Love, love, love Christmas music. I made a list of my tops to put on my blog... in November... and still haven't posted it. You've motivated me to get around to it, anyway.

    Merry Christmas to all of our friends down south. Wish you were here.

    Hugs,

    Mrs. W

    ReplyDelete
  5. {Mrs. W} - Yes, I know it's a rather dumb song, but then again, there are many many rather senseless Christmas songs :P The Rhema Marvanne version is cute because she sings "Daddy, all I want for Christmas is you!" *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I think "Santa Baby" is the one of the weirdest Christmas songs - it makes even less sense than AIWFCIY :D Or how about Nana's favorite song "Last Christmas"? :P

    ReplyDelete