Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011!

Hello 2011!

My name is Jo March. I'm planning on being a good friend of yours, so bear with me in this - our first meeting.

I have a lot of goals that I'm hoping you'll help me accomplish this year, such as:

finish 11th grade *well*

become my siblings' best friend, not just their "older sister"

keep myself pure in mind as well as body

complete certain piano pieces that I have yet to finish

memorize the book of Ephesians (that's actually a family goal)

...and many more.

And guess what?!??! Lord willing, you'll be a year of "firsts" as well. Hopefully, I'll be...

getting my driver's license this year

signing the sermon at church

turning seventeen (oh yeah!)

starting 12th grade (!!!)

...and more things that I have yet to find out.

Welcome to my world, 2011!!! 

And Jesus, thank for letting me see the dawn of this new year. Help me to make the best of it, to be able to handle - with Your help - everything that comes my way in the next 365.25 days. Thank you Jesus for 2011!

8 comments:

  1. I certainly hope you'll be turning 17 this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With 2011 I will be...

    *hopefully* finishing 10th grade and starting 11th
    turning 16
    welcoming a little someone *wink,wink*
    keeping a journal for the first time ever
    finishing my 2nd and 3rd semesters of FBI
    reading the OT through once, Psalms 3 times, Proverbs 12 and NT twice

    You are starting to sign sermons? Awesome! I don't know how on earth you can do that; having to sign it as soon as you hear it. Baptist pastors (at least all the ones I know) go on so many rabbit trails that even if you had the sermon notes it would be difficult...I admire your bravery:D

    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    Hugs,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does 'signing the sermon at church' mean?

    ReplyDelete
  4. {Gab} - *chuckle* I hope so too! If I didn't...well...that would be too weird for words :P

    {Nana} - 2011 sounds like it will be a big year for you!!! And no, I haven't started signing the sermon yet, but it's one of my goals for this year. It is pretty hard interpreting what you hear, but not as hard as it sounds. Pastor Keith isn't a "rabbit-trails" kind of guy...usually :P

    {Carrie} - It means that I'll interpret the sermon from English into American Sign Language for the deaf at our church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool!! will you please check out and follow (maybe ;)) my friend Trini's blog? http://everythingtrini.blogspot.com/ Thanks!! :-D she's trying to get 100 followers by June 2011!! :D (yes, i know i'm not on blogger LOL i know her from another place :))

    Thanksss!!

    CaTiE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute blog! I, too, am very much like god ol' Jo, so I'm sure we will have a lot in common!
    Thanks for following my blog.

    Love in Christ,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trini's (~Trini C.~) having a movie quotes quiz! Please check it out!! :D http://everythingtrini.blogspot.com/

    Thankya!:)

    CatiE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is a dumb question, How do you sing a sermon? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

    ReplyDelete