Sunday, February 27, 2011

movie quotes quiz 16 answers

~ movie quotes quiz #16 answers!!!~

#1. "He is a gentleman, I am a gentleman's daughter. So far, we are equal."
Elizabeth Bennet to Lady Catherine DeBourg in Pride and Prejudice
People who got it right: Heidi*, Gab & Vivi*, Polly*, Elizabeth Rose*, Abigail*, Celia*,

#2. "Hello {name}! You're looking very robust.
"I guess I just decided I wasn't going to let it lick me."
Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Avonlea (or Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel)
People who got it right: Polly*, Sarah*, Stephanie*, Abigail*, Celia*, Nana*


#3. "You're coming home with me?"
John Thornton to Margaret Hale in North and South
People who got it right: Sarah*, Abigail*, Celia*,


#4. "Hear this now: I will always come back for you."
Westley to Buttercup in The Princess Bride
People who got it right: Heidi*, Gab & Vivi*, Polly*, Elizabeth Rose*, Stephanie*, Abigail*,


#5. "Is love a fancy, or a feeling.....or a Ferras?"
Marianne Dashwood (teasing Elinor) in Sense and Sensibility
People who got it right: Crista Moriah*, Heidi*, Polly*, Elizabeth Rose*, Sarah, Abigail*, Celia*, Nana


#6. "You know, you don't talk very much........I like you!!!!"
Ellie to Carl in Up
People who got it right: Crista Moriah*, Heidi*, Samarah*, Hannah Jane*, Gab & Vivi*, Polly*, Hope Marie, Sarah*, Stephanie*, Charity*, Celia*,


#7. "There was love all around but I never heard it ringing, no I never heard it at all till there was you!"
Professor Harold Hill and Marian Paroo in The Music Man
People who got it right: Heidi*, Gab & Vivi*, Trini, Lindsey Marie, Sarah*, Abigail*, Celia*, Nana*


#8. "What do you think, a princess like her and a guy like me - "
"No."
Han Solo and Luke Skywalker in Star Wars
People who got it right: Gab & Vivi*, Charity*, Celia*, Nana*


#9. "Yvonne, I love you - but he pays me!"
Sasha to Yvonne in Casablanca
People who got it right: Nana*


#10. "No {name}, we musn't."
"Why not, silly? Isn't that why you're here waiting for me?
"Yes of course."
Rolf and Liesl in The Sound of Music Gab & Vivi*,
People who got it right: Heidi*, Hannah Jane*, Polly*, Lindsey Marie, Sarah*, Elizabeth Rose*, Celia*,


#11. "I know how it is with your brothers - I wouldn't want you to lose face - all things considered, maybe you'd better come back in."
Milly to Adam Pontipee in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
People who got it right: Polly*, Stephanie*, Abigail*, Celia*, Nana*


#12. "Never despise meager beginnings."
Marty Davis to Missy in Love's Enduring Promise (Missy also says this to herself later)
People who got it right: Crista Moriah*, Sarah*, Abigail*, Kristen*,

Trini: 1
Hope Marie: 1
Lindsey Marie: 2
Kristen: 2 
Samarah: 2
Hannah Jane: 4
Charity: 4
Crista Moriah: 6
Elizabeth Rose: 8
Stephanie: 8
Nana: 11
Heidi: 12
Gab & Vivi: 12
Sarah: 13
Polly: 14
Abigail: 16 
Celia: 18

And the winner is....

Celia!!!

Here's your award my dear:
I'm sorry it's pretty poor picture quality - I'm still trying to figure out how to use Preview to make awards instead of Pages (since we don't have it on this computer). 
Oh, and I do have your award for last month coming too, Polly! 

Good work everyone! It seems we know our "romantic" movies (yes, including Up, Miss Vivi :P) pretty well :D

5 comments:

  1. Man, oh man! That was horrible! (not the Quotes Quiz, my memory) I've seen 8 out of those 12 movies (just watched Casablanca last night, and P&P the other night), and I still couldn't remember what movies those came from. Doesn't that annoy you when that happens? or is it just me? Please tell me it isn't!

    Giving GOD the Glory!
    ~Abby♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those are all such wonderful movies!! That makes your quiz even more fun ;D

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Abigail: I know what you mean! Happens to me all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Celia!

    Jo, "What watch?":D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jo...I actually never considered Up a romantic movie...but how know. :P

    ReplyDelete