Sunday, March 13, 2011

a lovely life defined


Lovely \ˈləv-lē\ –adjective

1: charmingly or exquisitely beautiful: a lovely flower.

2: having a beauty that appeals to the heart or mind as well as to the eye, as a person or a face.

3: delightful; highly pleasing: to have a lovely time.

4: of a great moral or spiritual beauty: a lovely character.

This weekend, Emily Grace did a post about things that were lovely to her and asked her followers what things were lovely to them. I decided that I needed to do a whole post instead of just answer in the comments - and I also thought I'd make it a "Life Defined" post (a little event that dear Nana hosts)






Lovely is...taking a vigorous forty minute walk over the most beautiful piece of property in Old Dominion

Lovely is...when your baby sister comes running up to you calling your name, pats your leg, gives you a little squeeze and runs off again

Lovely is...the feeling of unity that I felt among the ladies yesterday at our church's Ladies' Tea
Lovely is...when you know you're on the top of the world :) It's beautiful up here...

Lovely is...taking a shower and putting on a completely new, clean, springy, *short-sleeve* shirt :)


Lovely is...knowing God is in control of every aspect of my life - and that every person and relationship and event in it has a purpose in His big picture for me
Lovely is...interpreting for the deaf at church and knowing you did it well 'cause you could feel the song in your heart and signs just came after that

Lovely is...having fun with PhotoBooth for the first time since our computer crashed. Wanna see? Here's what Yours Truly looks like *right now*:
 


Lovely is...when your brother asks you, "Do we normally eat supper after lunch?" (GoGo asked me that seconds ago)

Lovely is...blogging and the all the wonderful girls I've met
Lovely is...the wonderful weather today - and yesterday - and hopefully tomorrow

Lovely is...SPRING BREAK!!!!!! (that's this week - from college only, unfortunately. My homeschool spring break is first week of April....)


Lovely is...playing piano on a lovely day like this with the windows and doors open and the breeze and NO FROZEN FINGERS!!! Hoo-rah!
okay, maybe *not* these :P

Lovely is...lovely people who radiate the love of our Savior and touch others in ways they may never know

Lovely is...tinted glasses *wink* (inside joke...sorry :P)

Lovely is...Christ.

Lovely is...my day today. God is good.

10 comments:

  1. A simply *lovely* post, Jo! (pardon the pun =P) It was such fun reading all the things that are lovely to you. =)

    Awww, your brother sounds so sweet! I love it when they ask you questions *with such a serious face* that have a really simple answer. =D

    I'm so jealous that you can wear a short sleeved shirt--I rebelled against the chilly weather this afternoon and put one on but later repented and quickly put on my sweatshirt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and Lovely is the beautiful Jo March with her short-sleeved shirt, 16 years, and tinted glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. {Emily Grace} - I was surprised that I didn't have to put my sweatshirt on at all today! We don't normally have this kind of weather - but Leia and I were *so* ready for spring that as soon as it got a *teensy* bit warm we brought out the short-sleeves :)

    Little siblings (and children in general) are so funny! Right now, Zuzu is in my lap watching the The Waltons' "I'll Fly Away" in another window and singing along :) "...'allelu-uh BY A BY!....."

    {Gab} - Aww, thanks Gab :) Yeah, me and my tinted glasses :P Maybe someday I'll tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, ok. I included the 16 years because you have such "LOADS of evidence"!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it thrilling to be able to wear short sleeves again? I mean, I've been wear them pretty much all through winter [never was one for following fashion laws:)] but now, well, you know what I mean:)

    Ooo...I love the third pic of you [on the top row]. I've tried playing around with the web cam trying to get a good picture but no such luck:P

    Those pianos are *um* interesting...to put it nicely:)

    Lots of love,
    Näna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely is a baby brother that makes the CUTEST animal sounds...:P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound like you're walking on air. It must be the spring weather...I love it too. Especially the short sleeved shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She IS walking on air! You should see her now......

    ~Leia :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm working on Mozart's 23rd piano concerto in A Maj. How's the Pathetic symphony coming? *Wink*

    ReplyDelete