Thursday, March 24, 2011

now i know...

Since I was very small, I've loved this movie and this song. But now that my music teacher has made me and a few fellow students buckle down and learn all 24 arpeggios, I appreciate this song more :D In the song, substitute "play" for "sing" and it takes on a whole new meaning :D It is sooo true that if you practice every day, those horrid things get easier and easier. :D Now I can do...about four of them at tempo (that'd be 100) in sixteenth notes. Four down, twenty to go!!! HOO-rah! Right? :P (FYI: We already learned our 24 scales - you may remember posts about that last year *wink*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Do mi so do do so mi do

Ev'ry truly cultured music student knows
You must learn your scales
And your arpeggios
Bring the music ringing
From your chest
And not your nose
While you sing your scales
And your arpeggios

If you're faithful
To your daily practicing
You will find your progress
Is encouraging

Do mi so mi do mi so mi fa la
So it goes
While you sing your scales
And your arpeggios
Do mi so do

Do mi so do do so mi do
Do mi so do do so mi do
Though at first it seems
As though it doesn't show
Like a tree, ability will
Bloom and grow
If you're smart
You'll learn by heart
What ev'ry artist knows:
While you sing your scales
And your arpeggios

7 comments:

  1. Ew...I hate doing arpeggios. My hands are so small...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jo! This is off topic of this post, but the reason we add another name to our name when we get confirmed is because we become part of the "Church Militant" in the war against the devil. So the name Cecelia is my name in the Catholic Church. I'll be posting more about Confirmation soon. Are you Catholic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. {Trini} - I used to complain to my teacher "but your hands are bigger than mine..." until we realized that mine are bigger than hers and now I have no excuse :P And no, we aren't Catholic. We're Presbyterians (PCA) joining a Southern Baptist church :P *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. {Kimmi} - I love it too!!!! It was one of the first movies I ever saw :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, have you been singing these or playing these?

    ReplyDelete
  6. {Trini} - I play them on piano - but my piano teacher does want me to start singing the scales so I can sing as well as play.....we'll see *wink*

    ReplyDelete