Friday, March 18, 2011

randomness in a wonderful world

Today is one of those days when I look outside and wonder how anything could possibly be wrong in the world. The doors are wide open, the windows are up, if you listen you can hear the shouts, shrieks and laughter coming from the various hideouts and forts that are being set up all over the property. Only a handful of us showed up for lunch - the others sent in a delegation to get their food in their "mess kits". *sigh* It's wonderful. :)

Tonight is our church's "talent" show. I'm signing a song with a friend, but that's the extent of my knowledge of the other acts. I have no idea what other talent will show up :) We do have world-record-holding juggler friends who are members of our church - I know they'll probably do something. But other than that...who knows?? I love this "no one knows what lies around the corner" spirit - it's going to be a hoot :)

"Past the point of no return...the final threshold....the bridge is crossed so stand and watch it burn...." Anyone care to give me a suggestion as to *why* this particular song is in my head!?!? I certainly don't know - it's been driving me bonkers this morning. Trust me, I'm not burning any bridges right now - I've had enough of fire :P

Well, that's all. I just felt like posting that...spontaneous posts are often better than planned ones anyway.

Love to all and and if you live within a few hours of us - enjoy the lovely weather!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, we had that gorgeous weather today. The air is just so clean, ya know what I mean?

    Have fun at the talent show! Oh, and make sure you let us know how it turns out. From what you were telling us about past talent shows it sounds like it will be a blast:D

    Love you, sweet friend!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling! We've had our doors open ALL day! :) It feels so nice out! =)
    Have fun at your talent show! Good luck! ;)

    Giving GOD the Glory!
    ~Abby♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was the talent show?

    I have no I idea why you had that song stuck in your head, but I absolutely love it. The music, that is, not the lyrics. I really wish it had better lyrics in the verses, because when I like a song, I go around singing it. But there is NO WAY I'm going to sing this one.

    I love your spontaneous posts. They're so you.

    ReplyDelete