Tuesday, March 29, 2011

...you can have all this world...

Yesterday was hard, a day of shock and grief. Despite my emotional turmoil, I had to stay focused and get through my two hour Spanish class as well as conversations with friends. We also had group class to go through that evening. I wasn't sure I could last that long, but I'm so glad I tried. Yes, I'd been crying for a few hours, yes, my piano piece was no longer memorized, yes, I didn't really want to talk to anyone, but I knew that group class would be a good break.

Leia and I managed to look cheerful. I was even able to carry on conversations with my cousin and friends and even laugh, but it still was hard.

When group class started, as I sat there on the sofa listening to friends play their different songs, my mind was elsewhere. I was reliving every memory I had of our friend who died, trying to remember every little thing that I did with him, every conversation. It was hard to keep from crying there too - but I didn't really want anyone to notice. It was about then that one of our friends got up and said that he was going to play and sing "Give Me Jesus". I knew the song, so I tried to pay attention. I'm glad I did.

It was beautiful.

It was a gift.

It was just what Leia and I needed to hear....we both got teary eyed as we listened to the simple, comforting words.

Thank you Lord for giving us that song to carry us through the rest of that long day.

Thank you Lord, for giving us Jesus.



In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise

Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I am alone,
When I am alone, 
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world, 
You can have all this world, 
Just give me Jesus.



p.s. I know I did say I was going to be "out of blog", but I really wanted to share this with y'all.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Jo,
    I'm so sorry about your loss! I will definitely be praying for you and your family and the friend's family! God is far big enough to handle all your thoughts, feelings, fears, doubts, and anything else, so cast all your cares upon Him! He loves you and is waiting to take you in His arms and carry you through this. "Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and faint, but those that wait upon the Lord will mount up on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint."
    Love you! *hugs* ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, Jo. When mom told us yesterday I knew it would hit you hard. As Mom said, at least we know where he is. With Jesus. What a beautiful, fitting song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jo, I'm so sorry! I'm praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jo, I am so sorry for your loss! What a beautiful song! Praying for y'all!

    Giving GOD the Glory!
    ~Abby♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. The pain from losing someone so close unexpected is deep. But it hurts because of the separation which is only a fleeting moment on the grand scheme of eternity. Your friend is with Jesus; better than he has ever been. We mourn for ourselves because it hurts but Jehovah-Rophe who heals has His arms around you, His precious daughter, and loves you with an everlasting love. He has a beautiful plan that will come from this. We see as through a tinted glass but God knows today, tomorrow, and forever.

    "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8&9

    Love to you and your sweet family!
    Näna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your sweet prayers and encouraging verses. Y'all are awesome friends - I feel very blessed.

    ReplyDelete