Saturday, April 9, 2011

saturday morning daybook

If you want to join me, CLICK HERE and follow the instructions :)

Date... April 9, 2011
Starting time... 8:53am
Mood...just average
Outside my window...the garden that we need to work in today :)
I'm thinking...about....conversations I had last week. We'll leave it there :P
I'm currently reading...Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
I'm listening to...kitchen clean-up noises (dishes clinking mainly) and Titty's iPod (it's playing a Glenn Miller version of "Anchors Aweigh" right now. Rather odd sounding...)
I'm wearing...denim skirt, red and white paisley shirt
I'm looking forward to...a birthday party tonight :)
I'm hoping...that something exciting will happen this week :P
Yesterday, I...baked a cake, had my nails done, and watched two movies. Why? GIRLS' NIGHT!!! The boys went out and slept in the apartment with Dad. We girls had full run of the house and boy did we have fun :) We watched the 2008 version of Sense and Sensibility. We'd already watched the first hour earlier this week, so we just had two episodes left. Unfortunately, the second DVD we were given (our friends taped it and let us borrow it) was blank. But rather than not finish it, I jumped on YT and found that the entire movie is there! Hoo-rah! So we brought the computer over and set it up in front of the TV cabinet and finish the movie :) There's always a solution, right? After that, we watched Easter Parade. (yes, the 1948 movie with Judy Garland and Fred Astaire) Mama, Leia and Marie went to bed after only about 20 minutes, but Titty and I stayed up till midnight and finished it :) Review coming - I thought it was really cute :D
I'm hungry for...nothing. But yesterday I really, really wanted a fried onion. Not sure why.
The song stuck inside my head is...the theme song from Andy Griffith
I love...Chopin!!!!! I've just tackled his Polonnaise in A flat major ("Heroique") and hope to have it done in a year :P
I loathe...when there's no soap in the shower - and you don't realize that until you're all wet. *groan*
This week, my goal is...to buy the fabric for my Liesl dress!!!!
Did I meet last week's goal?...yes, I'm quite pleased with myself
Ending time...9:03am (took me a while today)

3 comments:

  1. We had a girls movie night last night, too... except we watched the 1995 version of Little Women. Love that movie. :) Except for the fact that every time I watch it, I groan anew when Jo refuses Laurie's proposal. 'Tis such a shame they did not get married. I'd like to know what was going through Louisa May Alcott's head when she wrote that part of the book.

    Well, that's all I have time to say for now, as my Science homework beckons me. :( Hasta luego, mi querida amiga!

    Elizabeth Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got the 2008 version of Sense and Sensibility in the mail today... I think we're going to watch it tonight. I love that version, it's more like the book (I love the book too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a girls night! How fun! Gotta love YouTube. The DVD for the science college course KK and I take was scratched beyond recognition the other day when we went to do our lesson so I just went on YouTube and, lo and behold, the lessons was there. :) Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UbtyxLclf4&feature=related

    These two crack me up and Ellie totally loves this one (she has it memorized. :) I think it applies to this situation.

    Love ya!
    Näna

    p.s. Just mailed a letter to you today...already two things I wrote are outdated. Bummer. :)

    ReplyDelete