Wednesday, May 11, 2011

frolic




Favorite thing about summer?

I love to swim - but it has to be *hot* for me to want to get wet all over. So my favorite thing about summer is swimming...or watermelon :)

In your opinion, the best scent in the entire world?

Good grief....umm....probably the smell of baby shampoo :)

An embarrassing moment:

The day I dropped lasagna down the *inside* of my shirt during our church's Wednesday night meal. And I wasn't the only one who noticed.....And you really didn't want to know that. At all. :P

This is a bit overdone, but, what's your clothing style?

Clothing style....I like outfits that look sharp, make a statement, *and* are modest. I love retro outfits (especially from the 20s, 40s and 50s), cowboy boots and hats, belts, layering, tunics over jeans, *very* full skirts, costumes, and shoes of any kind. In other words, my style is quite varied :)

Deep question time: vanilla or chocolate?

Chocolate all the way! Unless you mean vanilla extract vs. chocolate extract, in that case I'd choose vanilla :P

What do you think: is the Twilight fad dying out?  And if it is, are you dancing over its grave?

Twilight is definitely less of a "in-thing" right now than it was...but since I never paid much attention to it, I don't really care.

Favorite quote?

"He is no fool who gives that which he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliott

Best thing that has ever happened to you and why?

Well, the fact that Jesus loved (and loves) me enough to die for me and save me from eternal damnation is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. Other than that, being present when my baby sister Zuzu was born probably is.

Traveling: where would you want to go?

Europe!!! It's been too long since we were there. This time, Leia and I want to hit Paris and London. Just Paris would be fine of course :D Other than Europe, I really want to go to Nicaragua on a mission trip, as well as visit St. Croix. 

Favorite food?

Pizza, macaroni and cheese, ice cream, s'mores, hot chocolate. Oh, and chicken pot pie. :D

What type of music do you like?

Soundtracks!!!! I *love* my soundtracks! :) Also old music from when Dad was in middle and high school and college. (comment if you'd like me to be specific :P)

Canon or Nikon?

I'm not really a photographer so I can't say 'zactly but Mama has a splendid Canon Rebel that I use and it takes pretty awesome pictures :)

Are you a squeamish person? Any stories?

Haha, yes. Well, kinda. I'm not squeamish around *real* blood, but in movies or pictures - no way. Bugs I can do. Most of the time. I *abhor* spiders in all sizes, colors and forms. Gross. Also regurgitated food makes me queasy. And certain smells. (Am I grossing you out yet?) Ummmm....you want stories? Let's see...well, I almost threw up when I was...um...doing an unpleasant chore the other day and made Leia come finish it. This isn't the first time this has happened - she says I'll never be able to run my own home if I can't stand that particular thing. I told it would be different with my own children. She's not so sure :P

Flipflops, bare feet, or heels?

Bare feet!!!!! Then flip-flops....then heels. I do like heels, but they can't be very high since I'd rather have freedom when I walk instead of tottering around for fashion's sake :P

Do you like old black and white films?

YES!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!! Black and white movies rock in a big way :)

Skirts or jeans?

Skirts probably...but there definitely times when I prefer my jeans.

Fresh or saltwater?

Saltwater - just because I love the beach so much. 

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, baby shampoo does smell good. =)

    Ack--what an awkward moment! I'm so sorry--I can just imagine how embarrassing that would be...

    That quote by Jim Elliott is amazing. So powerful.

    Have a lovely evening, Jo!

    Love in Christ,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bare feet all the way. :) It's one of the best things about summer! Along with the warm weather... and swimming... and yummy foods like watermelon and raw sugar snap peas that just aren't the same in the winter... LOL Can you tell I like spring and summer? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor dear...that is embarrassing for sure.

    I love Jim Elliott's story...what an amazing sacrifice he (and Elisabeth) made for the sake of the Gospel.

    Aw...I can imagine seeing Zuzu being born would be a very special moment. I'm trying to convince Pa and Mom to let me be there when Winnie is born. Mom doesn't mind but Pa thinks it would scare me for life and I would never want to have kids. XD I think the real reason is that he's doesn't want me to see how squeamish he is...even though we all already know and tease him mercilessly about it. KK and I did manage to dare him into cutting the cord this time. We were watching Dr. Quinn and her husband delivered the baby by himself so we said that he could at least cut the cord if he could deliver the baby completely by himself. :) Typically, whenever the doc asks him if he want to him gives them a very firm "no" along with a "why-on-earth-would-I-want-to-do-that" look. :)

    Love ya,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete